You're scared of love.

"Hey ma!"

"Oh my god, my baby. I missed you so much"

Running to the front door, my mother hugged me tightly. She smelled of cookies and brownies and I instantly got nostalgic.
I was back in New York for Christmas break. I can't even begin to explain just how happy I am to be away from that school for a while.

"I missed you more ma. Where's dad?"

"He went to the grocery store for me, he should be back soon." I nodded my head and took off my ugg boots before dragging my heavy bag upstairs to my room. Deciding to take a warm shower cause I was freezing, I took off my coat and headed into my bathroom.

Afterwards, I put on a sweatsuit, some fuzzy socks and went downstairs. "Byroonnnnn!"
Seeing my big brother standing in the living room, I jumped on him and he caught me.
"Oh shit V!" He hugged me as tight as he could and pecked my forehead.

"Watch ya mouth boy" My mother yelled from kitchen.

Laughing he set me down and we sat on the couch. "How you been B? and where's Bryson?" I looked around for my other brother.

"Chilling man, Bryson gonna be here tomorrow. We tryna open up our own store in Manhattan but these people really giving us the run around." My twin brothers work as tattoo artist. They're insanely good at what they do which is why they work in a popular tattoo shop in Manhattan, but they have always wanted to be their own bosses which is why the've been saving up money to open up their own shop.

"You guys finally found a spot?"

"Yes V and it's perfect. I could really envision how everything's gonna look but there's this other dude that really wants to buy the spot and that nigga is not letting up." He sighed and shook his head. "I don't know if we could put up anymore money. The rest of the bread that we got is to buy the shit that we need for the store."

"Have you asked mom and dad for money?"

"Hell nah. They already gave us more than enough to start off our savings. I couldn't ask them for more."

"Well you haven't asked me." One of the greatest lessons that my parents have always taught me is to work hard. Which is why my freshman year of high school I got a job to save up money for college. My parents also had a college fund for me already but I wanted to make sure I was set just in case something happened. I spent 4 years saving up every penny, I would barely touch my own money because my parents usually paid for my stuff so I saved a lot. Turns out I didn't even need to save all that money because I got a full ride scholarship to college so the money I have saved from my job I use to cover my basic needs, my parents pay for my rent as long as I keep up my grades, even though rent isn't a lot because it is a student apartment. Anyways my college fund remains untouched for emergencies.

"Nah I couldn't ask you to do that."

"Byron... y'all are my brothers. If ya need help, I got ya"

"Alright V. Ima let you know if we need anything once I talk to these people. I appreciate you" I smiled and hugged him.

Just then we heard the front door open and close. My father emerged from the hallway onto the living room. "Dad!" I got up and jumped on him, causing the grocery bags he held in hands to fall to the floor.

"Hey princess, how are you sugar?"

"I'm okay, you?" I got off of him and grabbed the bags. My brother joined me and we walked to the kitchen.

"I'm alright, just tired." He hugged my mother and planted a kiss on her cheek.

"Well you better get un- tired because I need help making these brownies." My dad sucked his teeth and sighed causing my mother to grill him. Byron and I laughed at the annoyed look on his face.