-

After my shower, I had gotten dressed and made my way back downstairs. The cook was gone, but the stripper was asleep in the waiting room.

A sigh moved past my lips as I sat down beside her. She immediately woken up before looking right at me with a startled expression. I didn't say a word to her as my gaze continued to be right out in front of me.

Suddenly, the doctor made her appearance in the room. She looked over at me before smiling sadly. Both the Barbie girl and I had gotten up as she walked further into the waiting room.

"Bella was very lucky. The bullet punctured the left side of her skull, but it only grazed the side of her head. We had to put her in surgery to remove some of the gun fragments that were still left in her brain. Due to that, a small fraction of her brain had to be removed. Her body now has to rest with the help of many machines in order to figure out how it's going to work with that missing part of her brain," she explained. My eyebrows came together as I listened to her.

"We did a test to determine brain stem death. As of now, she isn't brain dead, but she is in a coma," The doctor explained, looking between the stripper and I.

"As of now? So, what the f*ck are you saying? She could go brain dead any second of the goddamn day?" Shaking my head, I buried my hands into my hair. "What about the baby? It's dead, right?" I asked, trying not to show how much everything was hurting me to hear.

"Her body is still fully able to house a fetus. The baby is alive thanks to the CPR you began immediately. It helped keep her heart pumping for the baby. It's actually preferable to keep the baby inside of her until the baby is brought to term. When it is time, we will perform a C-section," she explained. Hope splurged inside of me at the sound of her words. My baby was going to be okay.

"What about Bella? What are the chances of her never waking up?" I asked. She looked away before turning back to me, a sad look on her face.

"We have to perform more tests on her brain activity. I'll let you know the rest of the details later. Please, both of you, get some rest," the doctor stated calmly before leaving the room. I grabbed the chair I had just sat in before throwing it against the wall.

F*ck rest!

- v a l e n t i n o -

I watched the doctor exit the waiting room. My eyes were on my brother as he threw a chair leaving Anastasia to break down crying. The doctor told me everything before telling them.

She told me about the baby who is still fighting, and she told me about the girl who may give up. The doctor looked over at me before nodding her head towards a room. I walked over to it before shutting the door behind me.

The sight was unbearable. To see her lying there with tubes down her throat and all types of machines hooked up to her body. She looked so pale, so lifeless. I walked up to her, pulling up a chair from next to the bed.

"My brother was right. I guess he was so right to the point that it hurt so much to see his face as he told me everything that was so true. One thing that he had gotten wrong was the fact that it wasn't all about your father, princess.

"You thought I didn't like you? No, I was so jealous of you. You lived a life away from all of this. I had to become a man when I was only six years old. I saw someone get shot when I was three, and I was told to kill or be killed when I was four. Not you, though, you were living with a man more ruthless than Enzo's father, yet you saw the rainbows in the clouds. You never witnessed a shooting, and you saw all the good in people while I got all the bad.

"I wanted you to shoot your own father, but it wasn't for revenge. I wanted you to feel what I felt. No one ever feels what I feel. Now, that I'm looking at you lying here-all I can see is my mother. You look so much like her, you know? My brother was right when he said I was no better than Sean. I am no better than Sean or any man, really.

"It never crossed my mind how much this would hurt you, or how much it would Enzo. The doctors told me that the baby was going to be okay. I personally think it's going to be a boy because of how strong he is. Not saying women aren't strong because look at you. It's just a feeling that I have just like the feeling I had when I knew you were pregnant.

"I'm going to have a little nephew and a new sister-in-law if you would just wake up. I know that I'm not the best person in the world, if only you knew how much I knew that. I try so hard, princess. Without my brother, I don't even think I'd be sane enough to operate. You make him better which makes me better," I explained, a tear falling from my eye as I grabbed a hold of her hand.

"I'm cutting Vincenzo out of this business. He needs you and I put you guys through enough. It's time for my little brother to do that sh*t, what do y'all call it? Spread legs and fly?" I questioned. Raising her hand up, I planted a small kiss before getting up out of the chair and walking towards the door.

"I'm sorry, Orabella."

-

so, we got an emotional chapter here. as for the people who don't believe this is realistic enough, guess what? this is a work of freaking fiction. i don't care about other books and i don't care if this is 'cliché', this is my book and i already have the plot worked out. i've been planning this for months and i'm not going to change it because you simply don't like it. I STILL LOVE YOU THOOO!

anyways, i hope you enjoyed this chapter. let me know how you feel about valentino. what do you think of bella's state of being? anastasia? vincenzo? the baby?

see you all next update. thank you for reading. i love you guys so much.

stay safe,
- xx lee

list one word to describe your favorite person (even if it's yourself lmao).

PLEASE VOTE.