7 | jilt

jilt [ jilt]
v. to cast off or reject (someone, such as a lover) capriciously or unfeelingly

I had gotten ready with a tight black plaid skirt with a white long-sleeve. I then paired it with some white flats.

The second I walked out of the door, Vincenzo was there. He was on his phone, waiting right by his door. When he saw me, he looked over my outfit. "You should change."

"What? Why?" I asked before looking down. Was my outfit choice that unappealing?

"Your skirt is too tight. It shows off your a*s, no?" He stated. Rolling my eyes, I walked towards the staircase. The sound of him following me, but not doing so much as muttering another word drew a smile onto my face. I won.

As I walked down the stairs, my eyes landed on the couple. They were walking with held hands down the hallway. I noticed how they both had smiles on their face as if they were the most happiest people in the world.

I didn't even notice that I stopped until Vincenzo wrapped his arm around my waist. Just as I was about to protest, he moved my hair away from my ear to whisper, "go with it, please."

We continued to walk down the stairs. Our walking seemed to gain the attention of my mother and Angelo. They looked up at us and it seemed their smile got even bigger.

"Vincenzo," Angelo muttered to his son.

I looked up at Vincenzo to see him not saying a single thing to his father. The look on his face would make you think that they were nothing, but strangers. There was clear hate evident as he looked down at Angelo.

"Angelo," Vincenzo returned the greeting. I looked at my mother to see if she would say anything, but she didn't say a single thing to me. Her eyes remained on either her husband, or her stepson.

"We've got to go, Ella. Otherwise, we're going to be late," Vincenzo looked down to tell me. I nodded my head the second he let go to hold the door open for me. I didn't even realize he called me by a nickname. No one has ever called me anything outside my full first name. It was different to hear, but a good different.

When I walked out, the sight of his very nice car came into view. I hurried and walked over to the passengers side. Just as I was about to beat him to opening my door, he pushed it closed, trapping my body and his car. I could feel him pressed against my back side, and the heat immediately creep up my entire body.

"I open the door," he told me.

His hand held my waist before it slowly trailed down to my butt. I felt him squeeze it before leaning in closer to whisper into my ear. "Isn't that right?"

Nodding my head, he got off of me before opening up the door. I looked at him to see him wink before I slid into his vehicle. He walked over to the other side before getting in. "I apologize. I had forgotten how easily wet you get."

I covered my face with my hands as he chuckled to himself. This has been the most embarrassing day of my entire life.

"Where are we going?" I ask. The only reason why I asked was to change the subject. Memories from previous events only made my cheeks grow hot. He seemed to notice every single time.

"We're going somewhere," he tells me before turning to look at me then back at the road. I didn't even notice we were driving until now. Looking over at him, I quirked up an eyebrow.