Section 4 Chapter 14

Y/N POV

As we head back towards the city, I prepare myself for battle. I checked to make sure my gun was ready to be used before strapping it into the holster on my leg. I could feel Optimus's optics on me once again as I got myself ready. "You know I can feel you staring" I say before looking at him

"Am I not allowed to admire my sparkmate?" He says with a chuckle causing me to roll my eyes and blush.

I watch as the city comes into view. I look at Optimus once more allowing my e/c eyes to switch to my blue optics matching Optimus's showing I was ready for battle.

The Dinobots quickly slide into the City. Optimus quickly jumps off the Dinobot to fight they prototypes nearby, dropping me onto the back of the Dinobot. I hold on as tightly as I could before Optimus hops back onto the Dinobot to keep moving. The Dinobots grab a hold of other prototypes near them, crushing them as I help shoot others. Optimus drops me to the ground as soon as we are near Cade. I quickly run over to hug him tightly. He quickly hugs me back.

"Glad to see you're safe" He says to me

I smile pulling away, "I can handle myself"

"Your eyes..." Cade says pointing out my optics

"Like I said, not 100% human any more." I explain. I hold out my empty hand "To the end?"

Cade grabs my hand "To the end"

"You," Optimus says pointing towards Joshua.

"Who?" Joshua said scared.

"You!" Cade and I say at the same time. Cade pulls Joshua forward.

"Step forward" Optimus says to him.

"Wait. Why?" Joshua asks

"Your science will be responsible for humanity's extinction."

"Alright, I know that you're sensitive to this whole bioethical dilemma..."

"Maybe all he wants to hear you say is that some things should never be invented." Cade sats before the dinosaur roars in Joshua's face causing me to laugh

"Ahhh! Okay!" Josh says.

"We'll lead you out of the city. Get that Seed safely to the hills." Optimus says before grabbing me gently and taking off. He transforms, putting me in the driver's seat of his vehicle mode.

I take a deep breath as we drive off.

"Relax Y/N" Optimus says to me

"Easy for you to say" I say to him.

"Move over," Optimus says. I move over to the passenger seat. Optimus shows his hologram form to me. I quickly hug him tightly. Optimus pulls me into his lap facing him quickly. He keeps his hands on the wheel to drive as I continue to hug him. I quickly feel his arm tighten around me. "I gotta transform," He says to me. I quickly moved allowing him to transform and put me on his shoulder. "Hold on tightly" He says before stopping falling cars and debris from crushing Cade and them. Soon a wave knocks Optimus over, I tighten my hold on his shoulder as I get soaked completely.

"You've got to be kidding me," I say quietly.

The battle continues. Soon we meet back up with Cade. Optimus puts me on the ground before being sucked up by the magnet. "Optimus!" I scream before Cade grabs me and takes off running. We quickly get to Bumblebee before the magnet is blown up, dropping everything. I quickly break loose from Cade's grib and take off running towards Optimus to help him. Cade quickly catches up to me. I smile at him before stumbling in pain.

"Y/N you okay?" Cade asks me concerned."That's new." I say before looking at Cade. "Optimus is being attacked. I can feel it"

Cade grabs my hand and we continue to run towards where Optimus is fighting Lockdown. Cade and I soon get help at gunpoint by a guy I don't know, "You see, it takes patience to make a man. The patience to watch and wait, to protect all of us, quietly, for God and country, without any recognition at all!" The guy says. "There are no good aliens! Or bad aliens, Yeager. It's just us and them, and you chose them." The guy gets ready to shoot Cade but before he gets the chance, Optimus shoots him, killing him instantly. I sigh in relief before gasping in pain once again from Lockdown hitting Optimus. I weakly move to watch the battle, I get there in time just to watch Optimus get a sword run through him. Optimus makes eye contact with me right before I collapse and everything goes dark.

(768 words)
——————————————————
Hey everyone!
Hope you guys enjoy this chapter. One more chapter until the end of this section! Oh and thanks you a lovely fan of the book, hagyung, you guys won't have to wait for the next section until I'm able to get the movie. They have provided me a website to watch the movie online. However you will have to wait at least a week till two weeks after the last chapter is posted. This is due to my final exams coming up.
~ Brooke ❤️