That's Not a Pet

They picked up on the second ring.

"Ya?" A young, male voice answered lazily.

"Who the hell is Chopper?"

There was an audible, delighted gasp. "You're the person who's going to feed him!" They shouted.

You winced and pulled your phone a little away from your ear. Damn he was loud.

"Sure....when I know more about him."

There was one, no, two other muffled voices on the other end followed by more yelling from the young man. "It's the lady who's taking care of Chopper!"

"Uh, (Y/n) actually."

"She says her name's (Y/n)!"

At least you knew he was listening.

"Oh, I'm Luffy by the way." He said, casual once again.

"Luffy....oh, one of Newgate's boys right? Would Thatch happen to be there too?"

"Yeah."

"Great." You chirped. "Can you tell him he left some rather important things here? A box of photographs and some movies."

"Ohhhhh what kinds of movies?"

He sounded too young for a complete stranger to explain porn to him.

"The uh, the fun kind?" You should've been more nonchalant about it but it didn't seem to phase Luffy.

"Thatch!" He screeched. "She says you left pictures and the fun movies at the house!"

There was a loud "fuck!" of realization and you snickered. You'd keep those movies around for him to pick up.

"He says he'll get those in a couple weeks."

"Great, now tell me about Chopper or he might go hungry."

"He comes by the backyard every morning. I dunno what time exactly but you'll figure it out. He likes carrots, lettuce....oh, and cotton candy!"

This kid was going to be the death of you. "Okay, so what exactly is Chopper?"

"A deer."

Fuck me.

There were some trees past the back yard. It made sense that deer would come around to graze.

"So you want me to feed the wild deer that comes around?"

"Yep."

"How do I know it's the right one?" And why were you continuing to humor this guy? Maybe you were just too damn nice.

"One of his antlers is busted."

You had to think for a moment. Deer shed their antlers early in the year and being that it was early February, you wouldn't doubt that said deer didn't have his.

"Is he the only one that comes around?"

"Yeah."

Well that made things easier.

"Okay." You sighed. "I'll feed your deer. But the second he gets an attitude he'll have to get his snacks from someone else."

"Yesssssssss. Thanks lady! You're pretty cool!"

You chuckled. "Glad you think so. I gotta go, your deer's in good hands."

He hung up in a fit of giggles and you were at a loss for words. Newgate had five sons and you already had begun painting a mental picture of two of them. They were a riot as far as you could tell.