41 | anacampserote

Start from the beginning

As I speeded throughout the streets, I could feel my mind being clouded with worry. As much as I wanted to be upset with Bella, I couldn't help how badly I needed to know that she was okay.

It took thirty minutes before I got to the Russian mansion. As soon as I made it, I could hear the yelling of Bella as she screamed about no longer caring if she was good enough. My eyes roamed her body to make sure she was okay only to notice a gun in her hand. As my eyes trailed up, I could see a man on the roof with his gun aimed right at her who was too distracted yelling at my brother.

Finally, she turned towards me. "Bella!" I shouted trying to get her to run or move. I was sprinting as fast as I could towards her, but it was no match for the bullet. Her entire being froze as the man shot her. My feet continued to race towards her as Valentino shot the man who had shot her.

Her body fell over just as I got to my Bella. My beautiful, sweet Bella.

"No, no, apri gli occhi! F*ck! Open your eyes. That's right, baby, keep them open," I stated, peeling back her eyes to make sure that they didn't close. She couldn't die on me, she just can't.

"Get the doctor to come now!" I heard Valentino say on the phone.

His voice was a blur as her mouth opened and closed. "I-I'm so-rry," she cried out. My eyes were on the brim of tears as I lifted her body up from off of the floor and sat her head into my lap.

I quickly ripped off my jacket before pressing it against her head. Both of my hands worked to press down as hard as I could to stop the bleeding. There was so much blood everywhere, all over me.

"Hold this down!" I yelled at my brother. He bent down and held the jacket against her head as I checked for her heartbeat. Her pulse was no longer there, so I began to perform CPR. My body was panicking, I didn't know what to do.

After a few minutes, our ambulance came. Our doctor quickly ran out, she immediately began taking over as two of the nurses grabbed a stretcher. They both lifted her up while continuing to resuscitate her.

"She's pregnant. Make sure we keep that baby alive," the doctor stated to the nurses. I watched them go into the ambulance before shutting the door after they had placed her in.

The sounds of sirens littered throughout the street as they drove off down the road. There was so much anger and hatred coursing through me as I looked at my brother in utter disgust.

"Enzo, I never planned for that-"

"Maybe. Maybe you didn't plan for her to get shot. You know what you did plan, though? You planned to ruin her entire life all so you could play some sick game of 'you hurt me, I hurt you worse'. She isn't some pawn that you could use and manipulate when you felt it was useful!" I shouted.

"'You hurt me, I hurt you worse'? You call that being worse than anything that I ever had to go through? Just because you were too young to remember doesn't mean that I don't think about every f*cking detail every single day of my goddamn life! Now, you just rub it in my face with that girl-an Ivanov-ruined my entire life. I can't even look at her, I can't say her name without thinking of our mama. Without thinking of all the pain that I felt that day!" He shouted back at me. Shaking my head, I narrowed my eyes at him.

"An Ivanov? So, what do you think-are you better than that man? You used the love of my life to do your dirty work just like Sean used our mother. I felt her pulse die out right in my arms, the same exact way you felt our mother's. You probably killed my baby just like that man killed our little sister. Now, you lost me just like we f*cking lost papa! You're no better than that man, Valentino. You're worse because I'm actually your goddamn blood. I'm you're brother and you are killing me!" I yelled at him, a tear falling from my eye.

He didn't say anything as he stared at me. There was a hard cold look on his face as he showed absolutely no emotion.

"Leave then. I never needed you or anybody else. Take your girlfriend with you if she even makes it," Valentino spoke before walking away with his hands buried in his pocket, whistling a tune. I watched him get into his car with a nonchalant look on his face.

"F*ck you," I growled out. He shrugged his shoulders, a smug look on his face before pulling out of the driveway and driving away.

-

so many dang emotions. so, here is the update as promised. i was planning on updating earlier, but i got distracted with netflix.

anyways, hope you all enjoyed the chapter. please let me hear your thoughts. how do you feel about valentino? do you feel bad for vincenzo? do you think the baby and/or bella will be okay? do you truly believe valentino is as much as an a*shole that he letting off?

see you all next update. thank you so much for reading. i am planning on updating this story very soon. if not in a couple of hours, then tomorrow.

stay safe,
- xx lee

do you want to kick valentino in his nuts hard asf or soft asf?

PLEASE VOTE.