+ BONUS CHAPTER

surprise!

MARCH 27, 20??

The rooftop has always been Lalisa's favourite place to brood.

Well, not just to brood, but to give herself a moment of tranquility from everything that has been happening around her. A moment of peace from the unending amount of photoshoots, mentoring, and touring.

A little silence in the midst of her hectic schedule.

The view wasn't that bad anyway--the rooftop gave her a view of the magnificent Han River, the tall, towering buildings that were aiming to reach the sky, and her favourite of them all: the exquisite blanket of stars from above, the little balls of light dotting the blank azure canvas providing her hope that something can be beautiful amidst the darkness.

Hope.

Lalisa sighed in contentment as she wrapped her little wool blanket tighter around her, adoration filling her eyes as it flitted through the view that was given to her.

She was thankful, really.

Forcing herself to stand up, she made her way to the balcony, staring down at the bustling metropolis from under. Even after dark, Seoul was and will always be a busy place. It was one of the things she liked about the city, how it feels so lively despite everything that has been occuring.

It wasn't until later, a bang was heard from behind.

She whipped her head, surprised, but then rolled her eyes instantly as she saw who caused the noise.

It was no other than Jeon Jeongguk.

Even if he was covering his face with one of his hands, acting like he didn't just accidentally closed the door a little too forcefully, Lalisa knew it was him (based on the way he just awkwardly stood there and the door on his right still wide open, a small dent on the corner).

"You look stupid," She spoke while looking at him up and down, "Were you trying to surprise me?"

Jeongguk finally removed his hand from his face and huffed, "Yeah but I was trying to do it like how Andrew Garfield did in Spiderman."

"Junglebook, you're a total dork, do you know that?" Lalisa smiled to herself softly while making her way towards him, "But that doesn't matter. I missed you."

Jeongguk snickered as she engulfed him to a hug, "Wow, you act as if we haven't seen each other for months now."

"Because we haven't, duh," She pulled away to give him a quick peck on the lips and dragged him towards the balcony, "Come here. Enjoy the view with me."

However, he stopped her, "Wait," He pulled her back again and slowly walked towards her, seemingly to drag his feet. Her breath hitched as he cupped her face in his hand, nearing his face towards hers. "You think I forgot, don't you?"

She felt her heartbeat fasten, but tilted her head in nonchalance, "What do you mean?"

Jeongguk booped her nose with his, "That it's your birthday, darling."

Lalisa faked a surprise expression, "It is?"

A squeal escaped her mouth as he pinched her nose tightly using his right hand, the other pinching her cheek, his touch leaving a red mark. To her dismay and to his delight, he tried to stop the laughter from spilling from his lips with a hand, but his nostrils flared.