Calm Before the Storm

Start from the beginning

My mate arched a brow. "We are not going that far."

"You can't bring me this close to the Eiffel Tower and expect me to just look at it from afar," I chided, quickly taking his hand and leading him towards the structure. "Come on. We can have someone there take pictures of us."

Livius blinked at me for a moment, his eyes sliding down my apparel. "You're not really dressed for an adventure."

"At least I look good."

"You're shivering."

I pursed my lips. "Hence why we should hurry up."

He rolled his eyes, pulling his hand from my own before shrugging off his suit jacket, and draping it over my bare shoulders, the warmth already settling in.

"We've had this conversation before, Alexandria," he murmured, blinking down at me. "Us werewolves may already have normally high body temperatures, but you're half-fae. You can't act as though the cold does not bother you."

I scowled up at him, not enjoying being scolded. Mrs. Valentina had already done enough of that.

He gently cupped my cheek and stared down at me with the smallest frown on his face. "You need to take better care of yourself, Ma Lune."

I sighed, my heart slightly warming at his obvious concern. "Alright, alright. I'll be more careful, Livius. I promise. Now can we go?"

He shook his head, a hidden smile playing on his lips as he took my extended hand and intertwined our fingers, those brilliant blue eyes briefly meeting my own before he turned back to the tower.

I blinked, also turning to look back at what stood glimmering ahead of us like a silent promise of a dazzling future.

"You know," I began, staring up at the King beside me as the thought suddenly surfaced in my mind. "I don't think I've ever told you this, Livius, but your eyes are beautiful."

He paused at my words before letting out a low laugh, and glancing down at me in disbelief. "How strange. Most people find them to be intimidating."

I huffed. "As they should. I'm your mate, after all. I get to appreciate them. "

Livius chuckled again, untangling our linked arms so he could slide his own arm around my shoulders, and tug me closer to his side. "I love hearing you say that, Mon Clair de Lune."

I let out a content sigh, his arm a reassuring weight around me. "A new nickname, hm? What does this one mean?"

"Search it up."

I glowered up at him, already prepared to pull out my phone before I recalled the name of a certain piano piece by Debussy.

Clair de Lune.

Moonlight.

Staring up at him, my lips tugged up into a blinding smile. "Well aren't you getting creative? Shall I also think of a pet name for you, my king?"

He arched a brow. "It depends. What do you have in mind?"

"Let's see," I tapped my chin in mock thought. "How do you say puppy in french?"

His face fell, and he shot me a scathing look. "I'm not answering that."

"That's alright, I'll just ask Siri."

"Alexandria," he said warningly, unable to hide the slight upturn of his lips as I pulled out my phone.

"Hey Siri," I called, ducking under his arm as he reached for the phone. "How do you say 'my puppy' in French?"