"Maybe because the more people that know the more of a risk it is to you?" Katsuki offered as a solution.

"Whatever this big secret is, you don't have to worry about me telling anyone, especially if it'd put Midoriya in danger." Shoto said, trying to defend himself in their argument.

"See?" Izuku said with a smile.

Katsuki rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. "If All Might get's mad, it's on you."

"Like I care if he get's mad. It's not his secret anymore, it's mine and I get to decide who can and can't know." Izuku shot back, not liking that Katsuki had brought up the retired hero. He even knew Izuku's feelings about the subject and he still did it.

Katsuki had simply forgotten. Everything with Izuku had been so down right normal the past week, like when they were kids, that it was easy for him to completely forget everything he had been through in the past year and a half.

"Deku, I didn't-"

"I know Kacchan." Izuku said with a sigh. It was easy for Izuku to forget as well. It was easy for him to get lost in the fantasy of UA.

"Anyways, Todoroki, what I want to tell you-"

"Please tell me you aren't secretly All Might's kid or something." Shoto said, cutting him off.

Izuku froze with wide eyes as Katsuki doubled over in laughter. "Y-you think- you think that Deku's- you think Deku's dad is- is All Might?" He asked in between breaths as he was in the middle of a laugh attack.

Izuku shot him a side ways glare and elbowed his ribs, which shut him up. They were a bit sore from Dabi and Shigaraki, but thankfully not broken.

"Whoa, are you okay?" Izuku asked, realizing from the wince that something was wrong with his ribs.

"Fine, just bruises." Katsuki said, holding a hand over where Izuku had hit him.

"I'm sorry!" Izuku said, waving his hands in front of him.

Katsuki caught his wrists, not wanting to hear him apologize anymore. "It's fine Deku, just tell Icyhot before I do it for you." He said with an eye roll but the tiny smile he wore showed that he wasn't actually upset.

"Oh yeah, okay. No, I'm not his kid. My dad's somewhere in America, probably... you know, I don't actually know what happened to him." Izuku said while trying to think if he'd heard any news about his whereabouts after his mother's death.

"Not the point." Katsuki said, grabbing Izuku's attention.

"Oh, sorry. Anyways, I have his quirk, which is one of the reason's he had to retire. He was injured a few years ago in a battle and never fully recovered so the time he could spend in his muscled form was limited anyways, but when he started the process of transferring his quirk to me, he lost it completely." Izuku explained casually, but being sure to avoid saying Toshinori's name.

"What?" Shoto had never been so genuinely shocked in his life.

"It's a really long and complicated story, if you want the full thing, go talk to- the last person to have it." Katsuki explained. It was close to two in the morning by then and they had school in the morning, there really wasn't time to unpack all of Izuku's backstory.

"Okay?" Shoto asked, sounding desperate for answers.

Izuku let out a small yawn at the perfect time. "Can I go back to bed now?" Izuku asked them.

Katsuki had found himself staring at Izuku and snapped out of it at his question. "Oh yeah, I'll just... leave now." He said, making his way out of the bathroom and across Shoto's room.

"Goodnight Kacchan, sorry about my brothers." Izuku said while scratching the back of his neck.

"Don't be." Katsuki said, throwing both of them a very, very small smile before he left.

Izuku yawned again as he crawled back into Shoto's bed. Shoto laid down, focused on the green haired boy that had just adorably gotten into his bed.

"Wait, you're sleeping on the floor?" Izuku asked, not even realizing it before.

"Yeah, where else would I sleep?" Shoto answered him, resting his arms behind his head.

"In your own bed?" Izuku asked back.

"But you're sleeping there." Shoto pointed out, not getting what Izuku was meaning.

With a small laugh, Izuku patted the bed next to him. "There's enough room for both of us smart one, you have a big bed." He pointed out.

"You sure?" Shoto asked while sitting up.

Izuku nodded. "I can't just kick you out of your own bed because I lost my key." He insisted.

Shoto shrugged and got up, bringing his pillow with him. Izuku was on the right side of the bed, so he had to take the right. Once they were both settled again, they started to drift off.

Shoto was brought back from nearly slipping off when Izuku started to shiver. "Wanna switch sides? It's probably my fault." The duel haired boy offered, seeing as it was probably his quirk that was messing with Izuku.

"Please?" Izuku asked back. Shoto nodded and they quickly switched sides, Izuku getting up and going around.

"Okay, what the hell? The bed is half warm half cold. Isn't that annoying to you?" Izuku asked, slightly amused with his discovery.

"Not really, it balances itself out for me and usually that doesn't happen." He said, slightly confused as to why his quirk was acting up.

"Mm, sounds like a fun time." Izuku said, getting quieter as he got comfy and ready to sleep again.

"Yeah." Shoto said. It was his turn to be amused as Izuku quickly fell back to sleep for the third time. "Is it a skill that can be learned or something?" He thought out loud jokingly.

He settled back in and was slowly drifting off. He was half asleep when he felt Izuku shift closer to him. He had curled up against his left side, probably still cold.

Shoto smiled softly to himself, eyes still closed. He wrapped his left arm around the shorter boy and let him nuzzle closer to his chest.