030. || l'incontro~ the meeting.

!reminder!
font: gill sans
size: smallest
background: black

i got back home and ran to my bathroom, ive never wanted to cancel plans so bad in my life but i want to see if my dad really wants to be in my life. after all they are making dinner for more people.

i walked back to my room and sat on my chair at my vanity to touch up my makeup, i went to my closet to chose an outfit. i have to be at my dad's in an hour, so i better choose quick. i wasn't feeling like wearing a cute dress, so after 20 minutes of going through all my clothes it looks like i'll be wearing a lavender tube top , semi ripped jeans and my birkenstocks.

"this'll do for now i guess." i said to myself. once i got changed my phone began to ring. i looked to see who it was, it was hector. "what's up?" i asked. "alex and i are outside your house, can you unlock the door." he said. i ended the call and ran downstairs to open the door.

"what are you guys doing here?" i asked. alex scoffed. "jay, are you serious?" she asked. i looked at her, i knew exactly why they were here, i just don't want to deal with it honestly. i sighed, "come in." i told them and open the door widely. "are you okay?" alex asked me. i smiled a bit to show them i was fine. "are you sure? that was a pretty heated thing going on jordyn." hector said.

"he probably didn't mean it." i said quickly. "why are you taking his side now?" alex asked. "he's my boyfriend alex, i should believe what he says, are we done now? i have to go." i said. "no. we're not." she replied. "maybe we should a-" hector said but was soon cut off by alex. "shut it hector, what's with this attitude you're giving me right now? i'm your friend, we're trying to comfort you. do you see mattia doing it?" alex snapped.

"before you criticize my relationship, maybe you should fix yours alex. what's up with the rumors about katie and alejandro? hm yeah do you see mattia being shady? no i don't think so. it's time for you two to go." i said. she looked at me with a very angry face. "okay, let's go alex." hector said pulling alex's arm. "shady? oh you bitch! you know what, fine jordyn. i'm done." she said and walked out.

hector watched alex walk out then looked at jordyn. "not cool jordyn." he said. i sighed and sat down on the couch. "fuck!" i yelled. where is this coming from? why am i doing this to my friends? should i believe mattia?

i drove to my dad's house waiting for mattia to arrive. when he finally did i got out of the car. "jordyn i-" "don't, we don't have time to talk. we're late." i said and began walking up to the door. i rang the door bell, the door was opened my lupita. "hi! hola welcome, come in."she said.

"carlos! boys!" she called out. "hija! hi jordyn." my dad said and gave me a hug. "hi dad, this is mattia." i introduced. "hi, mr. martinez." he greeted. "please, call me carlos or even dad!" he said. "come sit!" my dad said and we walked to the dinner table. "so i hear you and jordyn have been doing good?" my dad asked.

mattia nodded and looked at me, i quickly looked away and nodded with him. "yes, jordyn has been nothing but amazing to me." he said. "good, that's something i'd want to hear." he said. "senior year is almost here, what are you planning to do? any college's you're interested in?" lupita asked. "i'm not sure what i want to major in but i would like to apply somewhere close to home." mattia replied. my dad and lupita nodded.

"jordyn, you've been quiet, how was your week?" my dad said. "oh, uh, you know it was okay." i said. "oh before i forget, here's your gas money for picking up the boys." he said. "oh no that's okay apa, you don't need to pay me." i told him. "take it jordyn. seriously." he insisted. i gave in and took the money. "the food was delicious lupita." mattia said. "oh thank you mattia, would you guys like to stay for some dessert?" she asked.

i wasn't in the mood to stay much longer, i felt so many feelings i just wanted to go to sleep, and it was only 7. " i wish we could, but i have things to do for mom, that i never did. maybe next week." i said. "oh okay, no worries honey." lupita replied. "jordyn before you go, do you know when you aren't busy, so that we can get your things for your room?" my dad asked. "i'll have to check in with mom, i'll text you." i said and he nodded.

we finally left and i began walking straight to my car without talking to mattia but he stopped me by grabbing my arm. "don't touch me mattia." i said. "jordyn, can we please talk?" he said. i looked at him and sighed. "fine." i said. "look, i'm so sorry jordyn. what i did was fucked, i don't know what got into me." while he was talking my phone went off.

dadi'm not liking this boyfriend of yoursjordyn

dad
i'm not liking this boyfriend of yours
jordyn.
he doesn't know what to do? seriously.
settling for less is not going to look good
on your part, i'm just saying.
i just want you to have a successful life mija.

maybe he was right. was i settling for less?