Chapter 1: A mostly peaceful night

Irma Lair is lying in her bed, snoring loudly; the moon is shining through her open window. Suddenly Irma starts turning from side to side, something disturbs her peaceful dreams...

A voice...

A face...

A series of familiar memories and a rainbow of emotions - hate, greed, victory, death, sadness - and a Mystery.

Long blond hair...

A red burning eye...

A pointy ear...

A whisperer...

And then nothing!

The girl's vision ends and she once again sleeps peacefully. The turtle Lilith swims in her little pond, bathing in the moonlight. In the morning Irma will wake up, having no recollection of her night vision; thinking only about the things that happened during the past days. A week had passed since the concert, but the memories were still fresh in her mind. School had ended a few days ago and Irma was determined to use every moment she had to rest...

Cornelia slept in her big room surrounded by her trophies - most of them from ice skating. Her favourite ice skaters hung on the wall next to her bed. But her newest trophy was not made of gold or silver and could not be hung on a wall. It was a sweet memory, the feeling she felt as she kissed Peter Cook...

A window was open, the room it belonged to was full of things, drawings, paintings, magazines, all of them scattered all over the floor.  The owner of these objects slept surprisingly peacefully considering the state of her room. Her long black hair lay all around her head and she was clutching a very large plush toy of a comical, smiling alien. It was a gift from her friend Cornelia.

Hay Lin was smiling in her sleep, her dreams were filled with star clusters and colourful nebulas, she herself was flying on a ship, the U.S.S. Kandrakar. The oracle was the captain and was sitting in the captain's chair wearing a red uniform. Hay Lin was sitting in the pilot's seat and was looking with amazement at the screen in front of her; but every now and then she glanced to the science officer's station. There sat Erik who, when he wasn't preoccupied with the scanning of the nebulas around them, winked at her. The voice of Will sounded from the speakers, informing them about the state of the warp drive, she was the chief engineer. And grandma was sitting next to the captain, on the spot reserved for the first officer...

Taranee was lying on her bed, asleep, her glasses  neatly lying on the night table. Above her bed hung a large poster, an invitation for people to come and see Karmila's concert and a dance show from students of Jensen's dance academy. There was a large photo of the dancers clad in orange and red outfits, in a dance pose, they created an amazing structure together. Next to it was a photo from the concert and next to that a piece of the newspaper and the school magazine.

All these pictures and praises concerned that one evening on which Taranee finally got on the stage - and she loved it! Her family couldn't be more proud of her and she got the feeling that her mother finally understood how important dancing was to her...

Will was dreaming peacefully at last, she had been parted from her beloved Matt for a very long time. First he got imprisoned in that cursed book and later he flew off with Karmila; but a few days ago he finally returned. Their meeting couldn't have been more romantic! She saw him upon the stage with a guitar, just like the first time she saw him,  on that fateful Halloween night in the school gym. Now they would finally have time for each other, during the last days Will refused to let go of Matt. She met up with him every day, after every lesson...

She became even more adament and resourceful in getting him to spend time with her as she now had to share him with all his new fans! The concert had went very well, despite the little Ragorlang interruption. And fortunately nobody else remembered that. She was really looking forward to the holidays, whe wanted to spent every moment of it with Matt! Her dreams were about him as well; they were all filled with a pleasant pink glow originating from the heart of Kandrakar that she was clutching in her hands...