Part 7

The next day dawn where so much of events were to take place. Rohit sippy had no idea this is going to be a day he is not going to forget ever in his whole life, but somehow he anticipated the worst. If he could have hold on to keep sonakshi in the hospital furthermore he would have, but the "tomorrow afternoon" time frame he gave to nethra ji came too soon than he wanted it to. And he had no choice but to let sonakshi who was repeatedly requesting the discharge, have her way.
When he signed the forms of discharge which tulsi brought in, he felt like a toofan is on the way, and this is the calm before the storm. Heck, it is not calm even, inside his heart and mind a constant turbulence of agony was going on, making him almost crazy. He felt as if he is signing his death sentence when he signed the forms to let sonakshi be discharged, because somewhere the gut feeling of Sippy said him that this is not going to conclude well.
But the equally important thing is that he was determined. He was determined to do whatever to apologise, he was determined to do whatever to make up her mind and he was determined to do whatever to have her back. He messed it up all by himself, so its him alone who have to get it fixed. Ge will have to fight for this, and he had no idea what it would take now.
"Sir may i take them? Are you done?" Tulsi asked.
"No tulsi, ye sab mein khud jaakar dedunga usse." Said rohit, getting up from his seat.
—————————————
Sonakshi was quietly seated off in the bed. When doctor dimpy and simmi came to her to check her vitals she thought her need to be discharge has again been declined but when simmi was starting to remove her IV line, she felt that finally, it is about time.
She saw mumma and pulkit seated in the couch with nethra ji. She hasn't talked with them properly since she gained consciousness unless to tell them that she needs to go home. She couldn't be here anymore, well she couldn't be anywhere anymore. She has lost all the hopes in life, she no more saw any meaning in life. Nor she had any goals or aims. The aimless stare she was having defined the life of the new Sonakshi rastogi.
The door thud opened, the same door that she was aimlessly staring at. So consequently its with his eyes her eyes met. Sonakshi although was feeling empty till now, clearly felt that tug in the heart when those black eyes and the thick brows came in his way.
"Rohit..." that name effortlessly managed to escape from her lips yet. And she had no idea what feelings he went through just by hearing his name from her.
He looked wasted out of energy, she thought. But why would i think about him anymore, she thought next.
—————————————-
"Itna sab kuch honeke bawajood bhi tum yahaan. Sharam nahi aata hein tujhe." Said suman, getting up and going towards rohit.
Rohit's eyes didn't move any inch away from sonakshi's. Their eyes remained fixed at each other. Its with that he talked yet.
"Mujhe sonakshi se baat karne hein."
"Baat? Kyun kya baat karne hein ab tujhe? Ah?" Suman yapped at him.
"Mein pooch nahi raha. Mujhe baat karne hein. Matlab baat karne hein." He answered back without moving an inch from there.
Nethra held suman back, while pulkit was tensed.
"Akhele." He again said what he wanted.
"Kya pata tu meri bachchi ko mardaalenge. Akhele baat karna hein? Itna besharam keise ho sakta hein koi...."
"Suman ji please. Let's go from here and you calm down. Sona you call us we will be outside okay. Come suman ji. Pulkit take the bags please." Said nethra leaving the room after so much of effort to drag suman out.
And then it was time. Where they both became alone.
He walked to her and kept the file of discharge papers aside. Still their eyes fixed. Sonakshi felt her eyes welling up and soon her vision blocked. His image was getting blurry so it was then time to break the eye lock.
She looked away. and soon as she did, he felt a dragger in his heart.
"Jaa rahi hoon?" He asked. She remained silent.
"Mere taraf bhi nahi dekhungi sonakshi? Yuhi chale jaana chati hoon tum?" He repeated.
"Tumari koi galti nahi hein sonakshi. Mein ne kiya hua galat kaam ki wajeise tum suffer kar rahi hoon , pata hein mujhe."
"I had no idea how to face you. But i wanted to. I am guilty for whatever i did to you. I took a wrong decision sonakshi. Bohot sharminda hoon mein. Tum jo bhi sazza dungi mujhe manzoor hein lekin iss tarha mujhe baat naa karke nikhal mat jao. Please."
All the time only he spoke. She didn't tell a single word.
"Please ek baar mujhse baat karo. Tum jo bhi chaati hoon karlo mere saat. Mujhe maaro. ruto. Chillao. Issi tarha silence mat raho.."
Yet no response. Not matter how much he loved her, he was also her surgeon. He didn't want to strain her too much. That is why he sent doctor dimpy beforehand to check her status right now. She was fit enough and better true. Hence only he wanted to talk to her even at the last moment. Hadn't she been well, he would not have discharged her, nor he would have come here to stress her.
"Tume uss tarha ET mein dekar mera jaan chala gaya sonakshi. Ek pal mein eise laga ki mera sab kuch ko gaya. I am not asking you to believe me but such mein.tume andaasa bhi nahi hein tume iss tarha dekne keliye mein kitna tadpaaya. I thought i lost you." Rohit said as last few lines choked on his throat.
"You lost me, Rohit.You lost me already." The first words they were to him,She said, making him look at her.
Rohit felt his breath being hitched. He was speechless. He didn't want this to happen. Please. Anything but i cannot loose her.
"Maut se bachkar aagayi matlab ye nahi ki mein sab kuch bhool chuki hoon. Sab yaad hein mujhe." She said again, this time looking into his eyes. Which were right now blood shot red.
"Kyun surgeon Sippy? Aapko kya lagta tha. Yahi tho wo pagal ladki hein, kuch bhi karengi wo mere liye. To chalo, haush aate wakt phir milkar dau teen catchy lafz kahoonga aur wo manengi. Kyunki mein toh parvati thi naa. Uss mahaan character hein na. What say? Isn't that what you exactly thought? "
Rohi decided to let her speak, now at this moment she had all the right to scold him, scream at him and do whatever with him. It is at least better than getting a silent treatment from her.
"Lekin nahi, i am sorry to burst your bubble. Mein ek aam ladki hoon, jisne aakar ek supposedly aam aadmi se pyaar karne lagi. I was a fool, what i thought and where on earth i was. I was living in a dream world. Where i thought you were mine as much as i was yours. But no, you wanted a revenge for your girlfriend hein na?" She stood up coming infront of him.
"Toh batao kyun. Us din itni aasani se revenge poora kiya hota tum. Maardalena chaiyeta seeda mujhe. Tumare liye bhi aasan hota aur meri liye bhi. Kamse kam i will die once rather than living as a dead body. Kamse kam tumara ye whole dhoka nahi dekhne padti." She asked straight into his eyes. He felt some fresh tears wetting his cheeks.
"Arey arey arey. Ye kyaa paani bahar aata hein surgeon ki aakhon se? Glycerin lagaya aapne kya? Glycerin pata hein? Jhoote aansu banane keliye use karte ham set pe. Aap toh doctor kam actor syaada nikhla aakhir. toh glycerin ka bhi pata hoga aapse. Hein na? "
Rohit bit his lower lip tightly trying to hold on the pain that was burning down his throat. As she said each and every word he said to himself that I deserve this. I deserve this.
"Ye jhoote aansu bhi mujhpar waste mat karo aap. Kya pata hospital bill ke saat saat i will have to pay you the price for the tears. Haa? Hein na. Aaj nahi doonge aap likke aapka fees? Kyun Rohit sippy. Aapki duty kar raha tha aap toh, fees to banta hein naa. Or should i be grateful? Should i get my hands together and worship you for saving my life without killing me on the operation table? You think i am glad to be alive? Haa? I hate this life that i can die right at this moment. I do not want a life where i will daily die. Achcha hota agar mein mar gayi..."
Rohit couldn't take it anymore, he will bear with everything but not hearing a word about that. He grabbed her by the shoulders.
"Jo bhi kaho kehena hein tume. Mein bardaash karunga kyun ki i deserve it. Lekin maut ke baare mein nahi, ok? Maut ki baare mein nahi."
"kyun? Aapko ko toh bade mazza aane chahiye wo baar sunke. Revenge complete honga aapki."
"Sonakshi i was a stupid fool. Yes i am guilty for whatever happened to you. Haa hogaya bohot badi galatfemi. Maaf nahi milna chahiye mujhe. But iska matlab ye nahi ki i wanted to kill you. Eisa kabhi soch bhi nahi sakta mein. "
"Aakhir teek eisa hi kardiya tum ne. Nahi? Ye jo bhi tum kiya hein na, maut se kam nahi hein, nahi hein maut se kam nahi hein..."
She bursted out at that moment. She knew she was breaking down. She didn't want to, infront of him but she couldn't control this tears anymore. Rohit couldn't take it anymore. His heart was bleeding but he couldn't keep on stressing her anymore, he feared.
"Please sonakshi ab nahin. Do not strain yourself. Its ok i need to talk to you but not at the cost of your health. Abhi abhi opearation hua hein tume stress nahi karna chahiye. Jo bhi baat karna hein, baad mein karte."
"Baat? Ab kaha kuch bachaa hein haa baat karaneke? Ah? Baat karne keliye kuch bachaa nahi hein.pata hein,hum dono ki duniya bohot alag ti. Lekin mujhe kabhi us baat mishoos nahi hui thi. Kyun ki pyaar kiya tha mein neh aapse. Eise pyaar mein neh kabhi kissi ko nahi kiya ta. Poori kaainaat mein tum ta meri ek lauta sukhoon. Mera hassi meri kushi sab tum ta rohit sippy. Sab kuch ek taraf tum ek taraf tha meri liye. Paapa neh behja hua gift samaj kar socha tumare baare mein. Itna pyaar kiya mein ki tume dekh kar meri problems jhat se nikhal jaye. Itna....itna pyaar kiya ki.....ki tumse alag hauna.....kabhi.... kabhi... soch bhi nahi.... nahi sakti thi.. mein....." she started sobbing so badly while he still held her in his arms. He wanted to take her to his embrace and wipe those tears away from her forever. His hands travelled up her arms and ultimately ended up cupping her face.
"Sonakshi..."
"Naam mat lo mera." She tried to get away from him but he didn't budge in.
"Please...."
"Barbaad karna chati thi naa mujhe."
"Nahi kahunga mein ki i didn't want to take revenge from you.i got caught to mahtre's trap. Revenge chati thi But uss tarha nahi jis tarha tum sochti hoon. I had no idea ki tum mera liye kya kya kar chuki thi until nethra ji told me. Pooji ke liye mhatre ki saamne jaana, aur wo sab kuch.jitna naa mein kahoon utna kam hoga.Mein zindagi bar sharminda rahoonga i cannot explain it. But Please mein tumari barbaadi nahi chati thi, i wanted revenge but i got to know everything right before our weeding, aasani se tumse shaadi karke sab kuch boolna bhi possible tha lekin mein neh eisa nahi kiya. Kyun ki mein nahi chatha tha ek jhoot se hamari aage ki zindagi shuru karu. Issiliye aaya tha tumse milne. Sab sach bataake shaadi karne keliye. Please yakeen karo at least this time.yakeen karo mera please....please " with that he bent forward and kept his forhead against hers. She started sobbing more against him, syncing his sobs alongwith. They both sobbed together and loud.
They had a minute of such sobbing. She felt his breath mingling against her skin.
"Ab yakeen karne keliye, yaa umeed rakhne keliye kuch bachaa nahi."
"Bachaa hein."
"Kya bachaa hein? Kuch bhi toh nahi." She said detaching herself from him.
"Pyaar karta hoon mein tumse. Itna karta hoon ki kabhi tumare bina jee nahi paunga mein." He said but just to earn a sarcastic smile from her.
"Meri aankh khul chuke hein ab surgeon sippy. Khule aakhon se aur qwaab nahi dekhna hein mujhe..."
"Ye nahi koi qwaab nahi koi dhoka. Mein sach kehe raha hoon. Ye pyaar jhoot nahi hein. I promise ye pyaar jhoot nahi hein. I love you so much sonakshi. Please. Please do not...."
"I don't have any more interest to get fooled. I am sorry. This must either be you pulling my leg, or else your guilt talking. That too if you are actually gulity. Who knows what is in your mind. "
"Tumare alaawa kuch aur nahi mere mind par. Mera pyaar tumare liye, sach hein wo pyaar aur i haven't loved anyone like that. I had no idea i loved you this much but now i know and i have a very clear cut about my feelings. Nahi hein koi shak, nahi hein koi confusion. Mein tumse bohot pyaar karta hoon bas. Karta hoon pyaar tumse sona mein bohot...."
"Mujhe srif mere apne pukar tha hein uss naam se. tume koyi haq nahi hein uss naam use karna."
"Please do not be like this. I told you please let's solve this. Ek mauka do mujhe. Tum Kuch bhi kahoonga mein karunga, taiyyar hein jo bhi sazza bukhatne ke liye. Lekin please iss tarha mata kaho. Mata socho. "
Sonakshi took his hands off her cheeks some how and took a step back.
"Toh pyaar karta hoon mujhe? Hein na?"
"Bohot. Khud se zyaada. Sab se zyaada." He said with teary eyes.
"Chalo teek hein.tume koi sazza nahi doongi mein. Lekin ek baat, staabit karo ki tumara ye pyaar hein na, wo sach hi hein." She said with dry eyes. She wiped off her tears dry that is why.
"Kya karna hein mujhe? Tum jo bhi kahonga mein karlunga."
"Ok then, do this. Mein jaha bhi honga, leave me alone. Mein kaha hoon keise hoon ye doonde ke bhi koshi mat karna."
"Sonakshi...ye kese.... mein.."
"Mera baat abhi katham nahi hui. Chalti hoon mein. Agar aap sach mein mujhse pyaar karti hoon toh simple si baat hein,mujhe doond kar mujhe milne mat aana. Jab tak aap nahi aayenge, tab tak mein maanungi ki aap mujhse pyaar karta hein."
"No sonakshi mein nahi rehe paunga tumari bina. Mujhse nahi honga. Mein kese rahoonga sonakshi... please mere saat eisa mat karo.please...we belong to each other sonakshi. Please. "
"Wahi toh kaha taa mein neh. Aapka bas ka nahi hein ye pyaar. You do not love me. Its clear as that."
"Sonakshi, i love you than anything in my life. But this... "
" Yahan see ye baat katham hein.If you love me, then prove it Rohit sippy. Prove it by letting me go."
And there she walked away, and out of his life.
Rohit remembered falling down against the wall sliding, sitting alone in the room where she left her last scent, last memory in. The pain sank into him and engulfed him. He felt tears falling down and thereafter, he was never the same rohit sippy again.
————————————-
The next three weeks everything changed as if everything got caught to a toofan.
kahani parvati ki went off air. Its true that sonakshi alone took the decision to quit the show, making it easy to nethra ji even to replace her. But nethra ji never wanted to look post it, nor she wanted to ruin the charm of her character by a replacement. She adored sonakshi and it was while having her in mind she made this drama. So no sonakshi no KPK was it for her. The channel agreed with the off air decision after so much of difficulty.
Sonakshi left mumbai, without telling anyone. No one knew where she was. Not even Suman. Not even nethra. There were so many calls up and down, right and left but every attempt remain futile. May be she left india, may be not. May be she is alive or may be... no one knew. But she left in one night, and the next morning when rohit heard this he was broken beyond repair.
suman,pari and pulkit left their home at goregaon and shifted to some other place in mumbai. And eventually Veena sippy or others couldn't locate them. Their equation slid away like that.
Sukhmani sippy hospital lost their smartest, most talented cardio vascular and thorasic surgeon, Rohit. He left his job on the day sonakshi left him at the hospital. He did not want to do anything anymore. His life had no aim anymore but he took the undeclared punishment sonakshi gave him. He promised her inside her mind that if that is what she wants, he will prove her that way that he loves her,endlessly.
Rohit had no one to support from home. Veena disowned him. No one from the family were happy, not even nishi with rohit. They blamed him downright for the disaster he caused while he kept mum, accepting all that as it comes. He knew its his fault so going through that was ineviatable.
One day, rohit decided to move out of sippy mansion. Nothing seemed easy for him and living was a burden to him. So he decided that he has to stay alone. Not with anyone around. He wanted nothing anymore. So he bought an apartment for him, and taking nothing that he belonged from the house he moved out with a luggage. No one asked where he was going, and no one bothered. Veena felt broken no matter how much she despised him, but the anger overpowered. While the rule at sippys was to not associate rohit, ravi alone took the decision to leave sippys and go with his sir, as usual. Rohit strictly told him that he doesn't want anyone but ravi was adamant.
One year passed like that.