Chapter 11

Midnight wears a sadistic smirk as Present Mic announces the first event,

"HERE YOU HAVE IT LITTLE LISTENERS! AN OBSTACLE COURSE! A 5 KILOMETER RACE FROM THE STADIUM AND BACK! THERE WILL BE OBSTACLE TO BLOCK THE FORERUNNERS! CONTINUE MIDIGHT!" With Mic finishing R Rated Heroine cracked her whip, ordering us to line up whilst muttering something about a blood bath. As he lined up, he couldn't shake the glares that aimed at him, maybe from Bakugou or someone from another course, Izuku shakes his head, no time to think on it, and refocuses on the countdown,

"3,2,1 AAAAND GOOOO!"

At the front, Shouto flooded the ground with ice, trapping the unprepared students like those from General Education with it. Gracefully, he skated across the ice with practiced ease, Present Mic announcing him in first place, and with Bakugou in second and Yaoyorozu in third. His mind filled with the buzz of a fight as Mic blared out the second obstacle,

"ROBO INFERNO!" And as soon as he did, large robots burst from the ground, they were at least 10 stories high with a zero painted on the chest plate. Huffing, Shouto poured his mother's power into the ground, gliding until he released it causing a massive glacier to strike the robot and freeze the monstrosity in place. As soon as it froze, he saw a green blur speed past him, too fast to catch up and causing him to lose his position as first place.

Back in the stadium, Izuku hadn't moved from his position with his eyes closed close to sleeping. Confused murmurs came from the audience, who quietly questioned what the boy was doing, he had to be powerful right? He did get first place in the exam. Suddenly, his eyes opened, intense and ready to win, he put his arms out before pulling himself forward at immeasurable speeds, looking like a green blur to many. Izuku himself saw the course and pulled harder, surpassing Todoroki instantly, taking first place. Present Mic was losing his mind at the sudden turn of events shouting that Izuku was now in first place. Smiling, Izuku came upon the third obstacle, The Drop, or a massive split in the ground with platforms leading to the other side, and with the same method he used before he pulled himself to the other side and continued onwards. The final obstacle was the hardest for Izuku, a mine field, he knew it would be dangerous for him, if the sign said anything. He wanted to give the other a chance, he isn't cruel, so he cuts his quirk off and goes on feet, stepping carefully in between the mounds hiding the explosives.

Shouta couldn't believe his eyes. He knew his son was fast but meditating for a good 5 minutes then taking first place with little effort shows how experienced his son his. He led them into a false sense of security then instantly taking his place when they had gotten complacent. Smart Kid. He offers his insight into what happened and Hizashi looked towards Shouta with a proud smirk, which he replicated, both proud of their son knowing he'll win now. Most had probably underestimated him from his speech, getting over selective mutism is hard on the kid, his anxiety probably made it much worse. Shouta's so proud. But now he has a job to do, tying a gold headband around his head.

Izuku, taking his sweet time, made it back to the stadium, jogging into the place with a bright smile on his face. He'd won the first event, now onto the rest! Minutes drag as the rest of the runners enter the stadium, Todoroki giving Izuku an icy glare, probably due to him taking first place. Midnight once again comes back to a stage with the wheel as she pulls a lever to spin it,

"And our second event will be... Hunt!" The wheel on the stage had landed on a wolf head snarling. Midnight explained, "The aim of the game is to find people that have been hidden in a 6km area around the stadium! They will have different coloured head bands on, which will correspond to the amounts of points: Red 15 points! Blue 45 points! Purple 135 Points! Pink 405 points! And a single golden headband worth 10000 points however will be the hardest to find! At the end of the 15 minutes, points will be counted and those who have the most points! Have fun!" After she finished, everyone noticed the sharp look of amusement in her eyes, and a collective shiver moved down the backs of those participating.