Chapter 12: Pampered

Start from the beginning

Then suddenly Diana's face was on mine. "Tsk. I'm seeing things now" I rubbed my eyes to get rid of her in my head.

But when I looked back in the mirror, she was still there. Which meant... "Diana?" I blink twice to make sure she was actually with me instead of Athanasia.

"You seem to be enjoying yourself more than spending time with your daughter, is that so?" She said with a harsh tone yet with a smile.

Then my heart jumps in fear as blood rushes to my brain and sweat forms around my body. I pulled on my collar and avoided her eyes. "It's getting hot in here..."

"Anastacius," She said my name but not in a good way. I swallow my saliva as I begin to feel my hand tremble nervously. "What. Are. You. Doing?" She clenches her fist again.

"I'm doing something special for her!" I exclaimed. "Don't ruin it for our daughter!" I told her.

She stares suspiciously at me for a while then nods her head slowly, convinced by me. "I'm not concerned about that... I'm concerned about the way you're treating Athanasia!" She snaps at me. "She's in depression because her father abandoned her!!" She glares at me.

........................

I give her a blank stare and weird face as I process her words in my brain. ".. Didn't I tell you that already?"

"That's not what I meant!"

THUM

"Tsk!" I smacked my hand and looked at the surface. A bee just stabbed me with its stinger. Damn it's more painful than I thought.

PRICK

Another bee stings my other hand and I kill it quickly. I cursed in response to the pain despite knowing Diana was with me in a bad mood. "Animals are disgusting..." I shake my hand and heal it with magic.

Diana grins with a dark expression as the atmosphere around suddenly gets gloomy from her dangerous aura. "Watch your mouth. I speak to animals..." Her vein was popping. "Not to mention I'm loved by them so they will do anything for me even touching you"

"A-Ah! I mean they're magnificent creatures!" I grin back at her. Is that where Athanasia got her special powers from? Diana isn't just a regular person... She's definitely not a human because she has the bravery to harm me even though she's stuck in a mirror. Nobody has ever hit me like this ... It feels very strange like this.

"When I mean father... I mean you, Anastacius." She glares at me. "Is she not your daughter?"

"Of course she is!" I stated. "I didn't abandon her! I simply sent her back to the palace!"

"Well you better make that up because her birthday is nearby and not to mention she's not getting enough love from her father" She coughs and scorns at me "Despite raising her longer than I did, I feel like I'm the better parent"

SNAP

I grinned at her as blood began to boil to my brain. Now I'm getting angry. "Well at least she admits that she loves me"

"She already said that to me after a few weeks when we met and for you, it was... like what? 3 years?" she gives me a smug face. "Not to mention I also shower her with love and kisses" She brags.

"Well, she gives me kisses and love" I smirked. "Not everything is a competition, Diana"

She scoffs as her head turns to the side. "I'm just giving you advice about treating our daughter properly"

"I taught her everything she needs to know and even gave her gifts. What did you do?"

"I gave her the gift of life" She talks back.