Chapter Two

The next morning, Sebastian's eyes flew open and he frowned,seeing the drawn curtains, not remembering much after Shay fell asleep against him, last night.

He felt.... Strange. His eyes slowly moved down to the purple hair spread all over the pillow in front of him then to Shay's neck where his eyes widened to see a hickey. Slowly, he felt his senses return to him and his jaw dropped when he could feel their legs wrapped around each other and his arms pinning her against him while her arms rested on top of his. He let out a soft sigh of relief when he saw her night suit still on, though it was torn apart. He himself wasn't wearing his shirt and he looked around only to see Shay's headboard looking severely scratched by claws and then saw a single black feather on top of the blanket. 

Shay turned and opened her eyes, "Seb....?" She sounded pleasantly surprised and hugged him tight before getting up and opening the curtains and window.

They both showered and ate before Sebastian cleared his throat, "Shay, would you mind my young master coming over to see you?"

Shay looked at him curiously and shrugged, "Alright."

Suddenly, a carriage stopped outside and Shay opened the door to suddenly bow, "my Quee-"

"SHAY!!!" A mini hurricane literally tackled Shay into a hug, almost sending her to the floor. Shay laughed and stood properly, "JENJEN!!!"

The Queen and her Ally both exchanged hugs and the Queen yelled, "I have not seen you in forever!"

"Its only been a day..." muttered Shay.

Sebastian stood up and bowed with an amused smile, and said smoothly, "Your Grace."

Shay smiled and said to Queen Jen, "This is the Seb I was talking about. He stayed the night and I.... Had a nightmare"

Queen Jen turned quickly, "Nightmare??!!"

Shay nods weakly and Jen tackles her in another hug, saying, "Omgomgomg! How are you ok??"

Shay points to Seb, "He held onto me..."

Sebastian looks confused as shit but didn't say anything as Jen nodded to him, " For that, you have my gratitude."

Sebastian bows his head and replies, "I am but a humble butler."

Shay shakes her head, "Sebastian, when will Ciel be here?"

Sebastian looked at the clock and replied, "An hour, he wants to be here for lunch."

Shay nods and talks to Jen animatedly while Sebastian got up and made preparations for Ciel's arrival. He set the table, cooked the food and cleaned while waiting. Suddenly, a knock came from the door and Shay got up to answer it.

"Welcome, Earl Ciel Phantomhive. How are you? I am Shay, the Queen's Ally."

Ciel's strong voice rang through the house as he answered, "I am fine. How do you do, Lady Shay? I trust I am not disturbing you. Neither is Sebastian."

"Not at all. I'm fine, come in. the Queen dropped by for a surprise visit. You must see her."

Ciel smiled and nodded, "Of course."

Ciel followed Shay in and nodded as Shay asked, "I trust your journey here was comfortable."

"Your Grace." Ciel smiled, bowing deeply.

Jen smiled and inclined her head to him, "Ciel Phantomhive. My faithful Watchdog. Long time no see. Are you always hiding out in your manor?"

Ciel smiled thinly, "Something like that."

Shay excused herself and joined Sebastian in the kitchen who smiled at her, "Everything's ready. Please call my Master and the Queen."

Shay nodded and went back, to call them. "My Queen Jen. Earl Phatomhive. Dinner."

Shay tilted her chin up as she said, "Let me make sure, you know my rules. Once you set foot upon my property, no levels of hierarchy exist. Sebastian, you no longer are a butler. Ciel, no longer an Earl. Jen, no longer a Queen. Now... We are friends."

Ciel's eye twitched slightly and Jen frowned while Sebastian smirked, "As you say, Shay."

After a strange meal with Sebastian and Shay being the most relaxed, now accustomed to her strange ways, they relaxed around in the living room and Shay sat near the flames of the hearth with Sebastian and a cat in their arms.

Jen looked at the fire, dancing and flicking near them, then said, "You both should be away from the fireplace..."

Ciel sighed, "Never mind them, my Queen. They become unusually distracted around those cats..."

Jen nodded and sighed before turning to Ciel and asking him, "How have you been, Ciel? It has been long since you have come to the Palace."

Ciel smirks, "I prefer the peace of the countryside. Forgive me, my Queen. But I had no reason to come to the Palace as you did not send for me. However, I have been attending to work in the city."

Jen's face fell a bit then she blushed slightly when Ciel moved closer and asked, "Why my Queen? Do you miss my company?"

Jen's head quickly bobbed back and forth and blush rose more, making Ciel smile thinly, "Do you wish for me to come more often, my Queen?"

She felt the heat fluster her slightly and nodded slowly, "Yes. That would be quite pleasant. I'm sure you would enjoy the company after you broke off your previous engagement."

Ciel smirks, "I would. More than you know." He stood up and tucked a strand of Jen's her behind her ear then kissed her hand with a bow, saying against her, "I shall take my leave now, Your Grace."

Jen nodded her blush more pronounced and Sebastian looked at Ciel awaiting orders. Ciel raised an eyebrow and said, "Do as you please and come back in time for my tea."

Sebastian nodded and bowed, "Yes, my lord." 

Jen soon left for her Palace.

Sebastian knocked on Shay's door, upstairs then said, "Thank you for tonight, Shay... It was interesting."

Shay opened it and raised her eyebrow, "Is that so? Do you mean by your master's obvious attraction to the one I guard dearly? Or the fact that you are staying another night?"

Sebastian froze, staring at her body and saw in her dark eyes, power and wisdom not belonging to an average human. He smiled slightly then replied, "Both."

Her brown eyes showed honest curiosity mingling with darkness, "Tell me Sebastian. What was your purpose behind this?"

His eyes travelled the length of her body and he stepped closer, placing his hands on her bare shoulders then ran them down onto her hips before replying in a purr, "Same reason you ask me. Curiosity.

Shay's smirk replaced her mask as she said, "Well, curiosity never managed to kill my cats with me. And hopefully..." Her eyes softened slightly as she ran her hand through his hair, "Not with you either."

He blinked and smiled, "I won't be easy to kill. No matter who my opponent. I'll take curiosity by her curves." 

Shay smiled and pulled him in for a strong kiss and slowly backed into her room, pulling him along.