Just like any other day.

*beep beep beep* groaning with annoyance Y/N reaches out and turns off their alarm clock, laying back in bed looking up at the white ceiling, Y/N runs through their casual schedule through their head. 7:45am: Talk to El through the walkie talkie gossiping about absolutely anything.
8:10am: breakfast with Joyce and Jonathan in that same awkward state it's always been since- Suddenly Y/N didn't want to think about their day anymore and decided to just carry on.

Picking up their wallow talkie, Y/N switches to the suitable channel "Hey El! Over." "Hey Y/N. Over" "So any gossip? Over." El laughed lightly "Mike is being so weird ever since he said I love-" "HE SAID I LOVE YOU?" "Your meant to say over! Over." "Mike said that? Over" Y/N was so happy for El as she spoke about over hearing him saying it, then saying it back. Until El said "But didn't u and Will?-" and stopped talking as if to catch herself out. But Y/N felt so light hearted that morning they said " Yeah we did say it, far too early but I'm glad it was said when it was, I probably would've regretted it if it never happened." There was a pause "oh over." There was another pause. "El? Over" "Sorry. I know the day is only two days away now. Over" "it is, Oh the time I have to go! Talk later El over and out." Turning off the walkie talkie Y/N lazily got up from bed. Putting on Wills old jumper and pants walking out of their room and down the hall to the table.

Something about today in particular seemed to lift that usual awkwardness. Joyce, Jonathan and Y/N we're actually talking freely to one another. "So, Jonathan. Where are you going to college again?" y/N asked enjoying their eggs on toast and the talkative morning. "Oh, NYU which is New York University." Y/N sat on those words for a little then said curiously "Do they have a good photography course?" Jonathan said yes and Joyce asked about Y/N's morning. After breakfast Y/N headed back to their room.

An offer from El when Will first.. disappeared, gave Y/N more hope then it should have but they couldn't help but imagine what if he came through so Y/N turned on their walkie talkie and asked El if she could do what she does every other day for Y/N. "Of course, there's no reason today should be different. I'll contact you again when I'm done. Over and out" Y/N although knowing the chances are close to nothing still lay on their bed in an anxious state with that hope they still hanged on to.

El turned off her walkie talkie and took a breath out, Hopper knocked on the door "I'm going to work now. See you later contact me if there's any trouble, and stay safe." El said okay in return and looked over to her blindfold For Y/N and for Will. She thought before putting on the blindfold again and adjusting  the radio to static. In the dark again El took one step forward her foot slamming against the wet floor. "Will? It's El. Y/N asked me to look for you.. again.  It's been so close to a year now, Y/N wants to know.. well we ALL want to know, are you out there?" Nothing, Just like any other day. El sighed and came back to her in her room. Taking off the blindfold with her usual nose bleed she wipes it with the tissues on her stand. She grabs her walkie talkie and reports the same word back to Y/N everyday since "nothing." They both say bye and she changes her channel, "Mike? Over." Only static as an answer. She tried again "Mike! Over." El decided she would go over to Mikes. So, she got dressed warmly and walked out the door and towards the side of the house to get to her bike as she walked she thought Mike ALWAYS picks up every day, no matter what. Unless.. he's with someone. El what are you thinking! He would never do that to you. Hoping on her bike she peddles away. The taste of cold air in her mouth the wind going through her short hair, she smiles at the thought of Mike and peddles even faster.

"Mike? Over." Mike groaned and woke up to the sound of El's voice. "Oh no, I forgot!" He exclaimed. He looked over to the seat next to the couch to see Lucas sleeping. Confused Mike poked Lucas awake "Dude, what are you still doing here?" Mike asked curiously, Lucas seemingly just as surprised himself said "uh I don't know." Mike frustrated with himself, told Lucas to go home and that he would see him at school. So he did, he walked up the stairs and out of the basement. Quickly getting changed and in the middle of having breakfast with his family Mike hears the door bell ring. It must be El. She's early. Mike went over to open the door. And to his surprise it was Max "What are you doing here?" He asked. "Lucas wasn't home, and since he was here last night is he still?" "No. He was but I sent him home, so he might be there by now it's not that far." Mike skated over and she just skate pass El on her bike. Mike saw that El has her mouth drop open. Oh that doesn't look right to El. And Mike prepared himself for the worse before he could explain himself.