"And what would I get in return? No matter which of you get's to take credit for it, I still have my own notes that I can publish. I'll still be the first doctor to interact with an omega." Nathan glanced down at Abram. I couldn't hear what the younger male said as he spoke to Nathan. "That being said, I might be willing to help you on a few conditions."

"Which are?" Hope and worry bubbled through me. I knew Nathan could be controlling, but if it was a choice between him and Andrew, he'd win without a second thought.

"I want you to create the serum for Abram here, free of cost. He's a lot like you and has always wanted a child of his own. You're going to provide him with the chance to get just that." Nathan held up his hand before I could speak. "In fact, I want you to pay him, just like any other volunteer test subject would get paid in a study."

"You know all of that depends on me winning this court case right? And it has to be his choice to become a test subject. I won't force anyone to undergo the change unless they want to." I watched Nathan wearily, worry for the young man sitting beside him starting to bubble through me.

"Of course, but I'm certain it's something he wants." Nathan answered. "Finally, you have to swear that you will never charge anyone for the chance to carry a child. Publicly, in the courtroom. This shouldn't be something that can be bought as you've said."

"That," Relief ran through me at his final requirement. "I have no problem promising. I wouldn't have it any other way personally. There will be a screening process of course, but beyond that I'd never want to charge someone money to be happy."

Nathan leaned back in his chair, smiling as he gently tugged Abram's hair. The younger man stood up obediently before settling on Nathan's lap.

"It would seem we have a deal then. Now if you don't mind, you interrupted a lesson and I'd very much like to get back to it now. I will see you in a month unless something comes up." Abram squirmed in Nathan's lap, my cheeks heating up at the implication.

"Right... umm.. Thank you Nathan. I will... I'll talk to my lawyer and then get back to you. I'm sure Lucas will be in touch." Turning I nearly ran out of the office, closing the door behind me. I never heard the lock turn over, only the very faint sounds of moaning that were cut off as I entered the elevator to return to the main floor.

Only once I'd made it outside did I start to calm down. The cold of winter has finally given way to spring, the air scented with fresh flowers as I walked to where I'd left my car. Hospital parking always frustrated me, and trying to remember where I parked seemed almost impossible thanks to my pregnancy brain.

Eventually I managed to find it though, an envelope tucked under my wiper blade. Pulling it free, I stared at it, my hands trembling. It took a few moments to pull the paper free, only three words written in block letters across the page.

PREGNANT OMEGA FREAK.

Panic and confusion gutted me. No one outside of my small group of confidants should have known about that. No one... except Andrew.

Getting into my car I threw the letter and envelope onto the passenger's seat trying to wrack my brain.

He knew I was pregnant. He'd seen that much after all, but how did he know that I was referring to myself as an Omega? Plus how did he find out I was here? What were the odds of him just happening to see my car parked here? This couldn't be a coincidence.

Panic tried to rise up and overwhelm me, but I squashed it down, turning my car on. If nothing else, I suppose this was one more thing we could try and use in court. It took a few tries for my car to turn over, each misfire making me jump in fear.

Once my car was running, I maneuvered out of the parking lot carefully. My muscles screamed with tension, body on high alert.

My car chugged and sputtered unhappily as we moved down the road, each sound making me wince. The last thing I needed right now was my car giving out.

"Come on you rusty bucket of bolts... you can make it..." I grumbled as the engine sputtered once more before dying out completely. "Fuck!"

Angrily I turned it off and then attempted to start it again. Nothing.

"Fuck! FUCK FUCKITY FUCK FUCK FUCK!" I screamed at the dash, slamming my hands on the steering wheel. Of all the days for this to happen, it just had to be on a day where I needed to meet up with Lucas and discuss my chances of winning this court case.

Glaring out the window, I noticed an auto shop nearby.

"Thank fuck!" I yanked the keys from the ignition, set my fourways going and got out of the car. The shop was a few blocks away, but this way I was able to walk off my frustration before I got there.

The shop proclaimed itself to be The Crooked Wrench. Smiling slightly at the name I made my way inside. The front desk was empty, a small bell and a note saying to ring it for service.

Shaking my head, I did as prompted, glancing around the space. The smell of oil and metal was heavy in the air, almost pleasant really. The additional scent of leather was so subtle I barely noticed it until someone cleared their throat.

"Hello. Can I help you with something Ryan?" My heart stopped in my throat at the familiar voice. My back was to Rhett, the small, but very noticeable bump currently out of sight. I must have paused for too long. "Ryan? Are you alright?"

Rhett's voice was much closer now, he probably stood within arms reach if I turned around.

"I umm.... Y-yeah I'm fine. My umm.. My... my car died. I was looking for a tow but umm... I umm... I'm sure... I mean it's fine I bet..."

"Ryan, would you look at me?" Rhett's voice brushed against my ears, sending a warmth humming through my veins every time he said my name. A hand touched my shoulder, confirming just how close he stood as he slowly turned me toward him.

His eyes latched onto my face, looking me over as my rambling stopped. Heat built in my cheeks as his eyes inevitably moved lower. Confusion, pain and betrayal soon replaced the concern he'd worn.

"You lied to me."

Sorry for the late update! With Covid-19 running rampant here in the US my workplace has changed up our schedules quite a bit to limit the number of people in the building at one time. We have also been using our resources to make face shields and other PPE for our medical personnel.

I hope that this chapter finds everyone well, and I would like to implore everyone that can do something to help out their community during this pandemic to do so!

Stay inside, read, write, design etc. but stay safe!

Much love!

Willow