Part 2

Kari tapped her pencil on her chin as she listened to the teacher at the front of the classroom. Well listening to the teacher was a nice way to say that she was taking minimal notes while drawing on a clean sheet of paper. Her teacher knew she didn't pay attention, but the girl seemed to ace everything she did. Practically perfect scores in every way, she just looked alot of confidence.

So while the class was listening intently, she was drawing what looked like a hero costume on her paper. Why? She didn't really know. Her older siblings were always talking about their costumes, so she thought she could design one too. Since she too wanted to be a hero. Why? She thought about it alot, but the only thing that comes to mind was that she wanted to protect people, and capture villains who harm the innocent, because of the stories she's heard about her past from her older siblings.

"Kai!" the teen jumped up startled as the teacher called out her name. Everyone was staring at her, she felt herself sink into her seat, she started to fiddle with the elastic band of her gloves. "you're striving for hero work correct?" he asked her, he noticed that he listed the top five hero schools on the board. The top obviously reading U.A.

"Yes sir" she replied back in a small voice, she pulled at her short pinkish orange hair, she felt all the eyes of her classmates on her, the kid next to her, a blue haired boy named Siahara looked over at her paper on her desk, he then made eye contact with Kari and gave her a thumbs up.

"As top of the class, and the school. I am applying to the U.A. correct?" he raised an eyebrow. Was Kari? She put it down as one of her top schools, what better school to go to help her learn to control her quirk then U.A. it already turned out some of the strongest heroes out there, though the entrance exams were hard, and they only took less than 1% of the applicants that examined, plus recommended students.

"I was thinking about it sir" she replied back, though maybe she might. She still had some time to think about it.

After class she walked home on her normal route, though she thought about walking around some other places first. Maybe visiting her siblings is Mustafu. Her five siblings that aren't actually related to, but they might as well be family. They were all held captive as kids and rescued. And they vowed to stay together at all costs.

The oldest Ira was a third year at U.A. as a general studies student, though she was strong as ever. She always told Kari to follow her dreams, but Kari didn't really know what she wanted.

She pulled out her phone and decided to call her guardian to pick her up. As soon as she started the call, they picked up. "Hello nana?" she spoke into her cell phone.

And the older woman's voice called back. "Kari dear? Is something wrong?"

Kari's guardian was an ex pro hero who decided to take Kari after the accident to help her control her quirk, though she wasn't quite successful. But who could blame her, Kari didn't even know how to control her own quirk well, she had to wear a protective layer of black fire proof undergarments to prevent her from setting things on fire. Some said that cutting off her ability to use it was stupid since learning how to controll her exteramly hot flames was inmportant if she was to become a hero. But if she did not control it, she would end up hurting herself.

"No Nana, i was wondering if i could go to visit Ira?" she asked.

" of course dear. Just be home at a reasonable time, and text me when you get to the Mustafu station." she told her, Kari smiled, "also don't walk around alone. Have Ira pick you up at the station."

"Ok, ok" she laughed, "i will, i love you nana"

"I love you too Kari"

She walked to the station, her hair blowing in the windas she walked past people who were with their friends and family. Kari always watched these people and wondered how many took each person in their lives for granted, how many act indifferent to the family's they were so lovingly brought into. How many kids were on the streets starved because their parents didn't want them.