xiii. a lonesome christmas

Start from the beginning

When she's opened her eyes she's greeted by Emilia.

"Good morning, Miss Black." Emilia greets, "Up now! We have a busy day ahead of us. First off, we must begin preparation for the Ball this evening. Okay, I must take measurements, and then whilst you are doing your studies I will adjust some of the outfits we have. When you are finished at four o'clock we will get you ready!"

A nod comes from her as Aurora stands up.

For those next moments the woman takes her measurements.

"What are you thinking off?" Emilia questioned, "You're stressed."

"I'm not."

She was.

"I'm fine."

She wasn't.

Rotandia strolled into the room, with her hands crossed. "I think she needs to wear something that flatters her. The only issue is there aren't many things to do so."

Aurora rolls her eyes, not letting it get to her.

Rotandia comes over behind her, and claps her shoulders. Her nails digging into them. Aurora looked at her in the mirror in front of her.

"What do you see when you look at yourself in the mirror?"

Aurora takes a deep breath. "Well, I see a hideous little girl, with a very big nose. She is really annoying. Ah, yes and I also see me."

In response Rotandia sent her a swift glare before leaving the room.

After this, she spends the day studying. The rest of the day goes by slowly.

She does her studies, mostly French, and a bit of Spanish. Then, it's Defence, because apparently, you know when she became a Death Eater like her grandparents, she needed know.

Her a death eater?

It made her laugh.

The rest of the day went smoothly, and when the ball arrived she did what she usually did.

She played her part.

✦✧✦

On the twenty-fifth of December, she woke up shivering. She steps out of bed and notices it's almost lunch time. She quickly dresses herself before leaving the room. The house is quiet. Unusually quiet.

Also why was she allowed to sleep in? Where was Emilia?

"Hello?" she calls out. "Is anyone home?"

When she is meant with no response, she goes into the kitchen. No house elf's are there. Her eyebrows furrow, as she looks around at the empty kitchen. She sighed, before leaving. As she leaves she spots one of the house elves going down to the basement.

"Sheldem!" she called after the house elf. He turns around and skips over. "Where is everyone? My grandparents?"

"Oh! They are gone, Miss Black."