1 - Pilot

"Rumplestiltskin. Rempalenski! I have a question for you," The guard said. My father dropped to the ground from where he was hanging. "No, you don't. They do--Snow White...and Prince Charming," He said, laughing. I went up to the bars. "Snow White. I'm gonna tell you this....your husband isn't as charming as you think," I hissed. 

"You insult us. Step into the light and take off those ridiculous robes," We coaxed. They both lowered their hoods, approaching the bars. "That's much better," My father said. "We've come to ask you about the--" Charming said. "Yes, yes! We know why you're here. You want to know about the queen's threat," We said.

"Tell us what you know!" Snow ordered. "Ooh. Tense, aren't we? Fear not, for we can ease your mind. But it's gonna cost you something in return," I said. "No. This is a waste of time," Charming said. "What do you want?" Snow asked, walking up to the bars. "Oh...the name of your unborn child?" He said.

"Absolutely not," Charming said. "Deal. What do you know?" Snow said. "Ah. The queen has created a powerful curse, and it's coming. Soon you'll all be in a prison, just like us, only worse, for your prison, all of our prisons will be time, for time will stop, and we will be trapped someplace horrible, where everything we hold dear, everything we love will be ripped from us, while we suffer for all eternity, while the queen celebrates, victorious at last!" He said. "No more happy endings," I said sadly. "What can we do?" Snow asked.

"We can't do anything," I said. "Who can?" She asked. "That little thing growing inside your belly," He said, reaching out and touching her stomach. Charming drew his sword, and smacked his hand, making him draw it back quickly. "Next time I cut it off," He threatened.

"Like I said. He's not as charming as he seems," I said, sitting with my back to the bars. "The infant is our only hope. Get the child to safety. Get the child to safety, and on its...28th birthday, the child will return. The child will find you, and the final battle will begin!" He said, cackling. "I've heard enough. We're leaving," Charming said. "Oh, ho! Ooh! Yoo-hoo!" My father cackled as they walked away. "Hey! You! We made a deal! I want her name! We had a deal! I need her name! H-h-her name!" My father yelled.

"Her? It's a boy," Charming said. "Missy. Missy, you know I'm right. Tell me. What's her name?" He said. Snow turned around, looking at my father, who was grabbing on the bars. "Emma. Her name is Emma," Snow said, turning around. "Wait! I want to talk to you!" I called, and Snow came back up to the bars. "What?" She asked.

"Come back here in 3 days," I told her, and she nodded. She and Charming left, and I asked for some wood and a knife. I sat down on my bed and started carving. After 3 days, I had come up with a wooden swan. "Why a swan?" My father had asked.

"I just have a feeling about them,"

-

"Reagen, are you up?" My father asked from the main room. "Sadly," I muttered, putting on some clothes. I went into my living area and quickly made myself some toast. My father came in as I was making sure I had everything in my backpack, the toast hanging from my mouth. "This is not the proper way to represent the family business," He said.

"Sorry, but I'm not wearing dress pants and a blazer to high school," I said through clenched teeth, slinging my backpack onto my shoulder. I grabbed the toast that was threatening to fall out, making my way to the bus stop. "Hi, Reagen!" Henry chirped. "Hey, kiddo," I said, ruffling his hair. The school day snailed by, and I ended up with 3 different pieces of homework from teachers.

I arrived back at the shop, and the bell clattered as I entered. My cane clicked against the ground, and I flung my backpack onto the ground behind the counter. "Reagen, I told you not to leave your backpack around," My father scolded. "Yeah, yeah. Get off my case, I have homework to do," I said, sitting down on my cot. "And you have a shift starting," He replied.

"Dad, I have to do this. Unless you want me to fail science," I said, dipping my head back down. My hand flew across the paper, filling out the various questions. I wrapped up in about 15 minutes, then stood up and flung the work onto my cot. "All right, now my shift starts," I said, standing up and changing into dress pants and a blazer. I took my place behind the counter.

The bells jingled merrily as my father left the store. At about 4, I saw an unfamiliar yellow bug driving past the window, and my eyes narrowed. Around 8, my father came back. "I need your help collecting rent," He said, looking at me. I arched a brow but nodded.

We went to Granny's Bed and Breakfast, where an unfamiliar blonde woman was talking to Granny. "Swan. Emma Swan," The girl, Emma, said. "Emma," My father said, and Emma turned around. "What a lovely name," He complimented, and my brows furrowed. "Thanks," She said, startled.

He gave her an unsettling smile, and she turned back to Granny. Granny, meanwhile, was digging around in a drawer, and she pulled out a wad of money. "It's all here," She said nervously, handing over the money. "Yes, yes, of course. Yes, dear, thank you," He said to Granny hurriedly. "You enjoy your stay...Emma," He said, then left.

"Who's that?" Emma asked. "Mr. Gold, my father. He owns this place," I said. "The inn?" She asked. "No. The town," I said. "And who are you?" She asked.

"I already said. I'm Gold's daughter," I said, moving to leave. "Wait!" She said, and I paused, turning towards her. "Yes?" I asked. "What's your name?" She asked. I looked at her for a minute.

"Reagen Gold,"