- 𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔬𝔫𝔢. ミ

Start from the beginning

"Why did you come home so late that night? You came home at 1am." She stood up, seemingly regained some of her old confidence, and John could see the anger beginning to build up inside her. His heart sunk, and he sighed, catching his bottom lip between his teeth.

"I-"

"Do you love her?"

"What?" John started at her in disbelief. What was she on about?

"Don't think I'm stupid, John." She chuckled, but there wasn't any humour in it, and tears were building up in the blonde's eyes again. "The fact that you ran away when I said "love me", we haven't had sex in months, you're never around me as much as you used to be, you don't say 'I love you' anymore.." She let out a shaky sigh, and John stood up quickly, moving to try and comfort her, but she pushed him away softly, a sob escaping from her mouth. "Now you're coming back home at ungodly hours of the night, or not even at night at all. I know you're in love with someone else, John. I can see it. Is she pretty? Does she take care of you?"

"I-I- Cyn-" He stuttered, at a loss for words, stepping back and clenching tightly at the ends of his sleeves. He could feel the tears rising again and he struggled to keep quiet, heart aching horribly. He felt so horrible, so guilty, for leaving her like this. I'm such a horrible person. Why couldn't I have just not gone and started liking Paul? Fuck. A tear slipped down from his cheek and he fell backwards onto the bed, leaning forward and pressing his fingers into his eyes with a shaky huff. How do I tell her it's not a girl?

"It's... it's okay, John. Really." Cynthia sobbed and sat down beside him, wrapping her arms tight around her fiancé, her tears wetting his shoulder as she hiccuped, sniffling. "I-I just wish you could've told me sooner.. if-if-if-" She sobbed again. "If she makes you happy, I'm.. I'm okay with it."

"It's not a girl!" John blurted before he could stop himself, eyes growing wide as he pulled himself from Cynthia's embrace, slapping a hand over his mouth. Fuck, I said too much.

"Wh..." Cynthia spoke eventually, her tears immediately stopping as she stared up at her fiancé in shock. "It's... a man?"

".... yeah. I-I-" John stuttered before falling into the chair with a cry, curling in on himself as all his bottled up emotions came out all at once, tears soaking his pant knees as he buried his head in them. "I'm so sorry, I'm sorry-"

"John, John.." Cynthia stood up and leaned down in front of him, hands lifting his chin up and wrapping around his cheeks. With a gentle thumb the girl wiped away stray tears with a sad smile. "It's okay. I ... it's okay. You're still my John." She coaxed him to stand up before pulling him into a tight hug, both holding on as tightly as they could, heads burying into each other's shoulders and breathing in their scent for what would probably be the last time.

"I-How are you takin' this so well?" John pulled away to look her in the eye, another tear slipping down his cheek. "I... I'm sorry-"

"John.. it's okay." She gazed at him earnestly. "To be honest, I wasn't surprised when you confessed it was a man.." She glanced to look at the floor. "I always suspected something. The way you acted around that Stuart.. I knew that something was up. Is.. do you love him?" She asked eventually, looking back up at him as she struggled not to burst into tears at just saying that.

"I... It's not him. He's in love with Astrid." John chuckled humorlessly, another tear falling and being wiped away quickly. "His name is Paul."

"Do you guys love each other? I need to know." She pulled away and sat on the bed, silent tears still streaming down her face.

"N.. no. We're not even together yet, actually." The prince sighed. He didn't want to talk about it any longer, as he could see Cynthia growing more and more pained at hearing the words coming from his mouth.