~ xliv ~

Walking to Gym Gamma, your stomach was filled with a bundle of nerves, and you wondered how your lesson would go. You trusted Aizawa with your life, but you were still worried that you'd hurt somebody again. Despite Yaoyorozu and Aoyama being perfectly fine, you still felt guilty as hell and couldn't imagine the pain you'd feel if you hurt Kaminari or Sero. 

You'd been advised to wear just your P.E kit, as it wasn't necessary to change into your hero costume, plus yours had been sent to the designer so they could add some details to it that would help Chains. Apparently, your glove had already arrived, and Aizawa was going to present it that night. Not many people were informed about the special lessons you were receiving; the only ones who knew were Sero, Kaminari and Monoma (of course), and then Yaoyorozu, Aoyama, Todoroki, Kirishima, Bakugo, Jiro and Ashido. You shivered, the cool, autumn breeze causing the hairs on the back of your neck stick up. 

Once you arrived, you saw Aizawa standing by the door, his arms crossed over his chest. You thought you were the first one there, but then you heard a mini-argument inside with the loud, obnoxious laughter of Monoma. Sighing, you shook your head and quickened your pace, hoping Aizawa hadn't been waiting long.

"You're twelve seconds late," your homeroom teacher said bluntly, an eyebrow raised. You grimaced and hoped he was joking, but then he walked inside with you. Kaminari, sat with his legs dangling over one of the high rocks that hadn't been removed yet, was glaring directly at Monoma, who was still laughing. Sero had his face in his hands, but then spotted you and waved, a smile appearing on his face. 

"Y/L/N, I'm sure you got my message about the glove, yes?" Aizawa asked, and you nodded, fiddling with your fingers anxiously. He then pointed over to his iconic yellow sleeping bag that he'd bought with him. "It's in there. Please remind me to give it to you at the end of our lesson."

"Okay," you chuckled, finding it amusing that he used his sleeping bag as an actual bag, filled with his essentials. "So... where do we start?"

"Monoma!" Aizawa shouted, and the blonde stopped laughing immediately, his face turning from entertainment to smug. He jumped down and wandered over, his hands stuffed into his pockets. Without saying a word, he poked you in the shoulder and turned around, away from everybody but lowkey aiming at Kaminari. In silence, Monoma then raised his left hand and shot forward, four chains shooting out at a rapid pace and getting stuck into the wall. Then, he tried to detach them or pull them back, but even he seemed confused and was struggling.

"What kind of quirk is this?" he asked, stunned. He yanked back his arm, but they wouldn't come back. "What-"

"I think, once they're stuck, you've gotta detach them," Sero explained, jumping down and standing beside him, shooting out a long piece of tape, sticking it against the wall beside the chains and snapping it off. "It's like my tape. Once it's stuck there, it won't just come straight back into my arm."

"Right," Monoma muttered, seemingly embarrassed that he was being told how to use this quirk. You watched wide-eyed, shocked that Monoma was able to use your quirk with ease. Kaminari was still on the rock, watching in excitement. Then, within seconds, the 1-B student managed to release the chains from his fingers, the metal hitting the ground with a clang. "That's weird..."

"What's weird?" you asked, wandering over with confusion on your face. "How did you do that?"

"It's not like any quirk I've tried out," Monoma chuckled, eyebrows raised and finding the situation funny. "To release the chains, you've gotta bend the tops of your fingers, as if you're grabbing someone's butt."

"What a great way of explaining it," you said sarcastically, Sero and Kaminari laughing out loud at the weird gesture Monoma made. Sighing, you pushed your index finger, letting out one of the chains that hit the rock in front of you. You then did as Monoma said, and sure enough, it snapped. Without pain, too! "Woah!"