Little Too Personal

Chapter 6

"Sure," my voice cracked. I cleared my throat and tried again, "sure. What do you need to know?"

Demi sat in front of me. She was staring in my eyes and I gulped. I tried to look any where else but right at her. I do not think that I could have stood having her stare at me like that anymore.

"Where is your father?"

I sighed. At least it was not the question I thought she would ask me.

"He, uh, left when I was twelve. He was rich and didn't have time for his family. At least that's what my mother had told me. But I believe he cheated on my Mom. It made sense. He'd come home late and would never spend time with me and my Mom, plus whenever he did come home he'd give me a hug and I'd smell perfume on his clothes."

"I'm sorry."

"No don't be. My Mom was actually much happier when he was gone. Almost like he had put so much pressure on her and it made me happy. But it's not easy living without my Dad. It's like he never cared for me because even when I was a child he never played with me. It's like he forgot I was there or something. He was too busy probably fucking his secretary. And now every month he would send me gifts like my car, phone, laptop, but that will stop now."

"What was your relationship with your mother like?" Demi really had personal questions to ask didn't she? Well at least she isn't asking me the one question, she will think I'm crazy and with definitely turn me into the authorities.

"Honestly, she was an amazing woman. She was so strong and caring and I admired her for that. I loved her so much. She never failed to make me laugh or to put a smile on my face. She made me happy. She took care of me. She was a quiet woman with a big heart." I started to cry. I killed this wonderful women. the only person in my life that made me happy. Stuck by me when I came out to her. Always made sure I was okay and I killed her.

Demi looked at me. She looked like she as ready to comfort me, but was cautious not to.

I stood up off the floor and asked Demi where the restroom was. She grabbed my hand and guided me there. Once in the bathroom I attempted to lock the door only to find that there was not a lock on the door. I screamed silently. I just wanted the comfort of being locked in the bathroom. I wanted the privacy.

I turn the sink on and begin to splash my face with cold water. Once done I dried my face, but I continued to cry. Only at this point I didn't care and I left the bathroom.

I made my way back to the kitchen where I reclaimed my spot on the stool where my phone laid on the counter in front of the seat.

I turn on the Apple phone and wait. Once the lock screen popped up I enter my password and the messages roll in one after the other. All from one person. Ariana.