Getting To Know Each other

Chapter 4

~Brooklyn's P.O.V.~

After the little scene at the cliff edge, Demi had led the way to her house, well our house, as she put it.

We had finally pulled into her driveway. I hit the brake and stopped behind her white Mercedes-Benz.

Since I had no clothes or anything for that matter, other than my now shattered white iPhone 5s, I headed up to the porch while locking my Mustang in the process.

Demi had brought me to her kitchen where I sat at the island on a barstool. I started to look around when I eyed the knife set sitting on the counter.

I didn't look at them to long, but long enough for Demi to notice. She swiftly made her way over to the knives and slid them in the drawer.

When she returned to her place across from me at the counter I asked her a question, well more like I threw out a statement.

"You don't trust me do you?"

"It's not that I don't trust you, I'm just taking... safety precautions."

"For who? Me or you." I asked eyeing her with squinted eyes and a tilted head.

"Well... it doesn't matter."

"Yupp, you just answered my question, you don't trust me, and honestly its okay. I don't think I'd trust me either, I mean I don't even know what I'm capable of, considering I just.. I just, uh yeah, so you have a lovely counter top don't you?"

"Why thank you I guess and I just want you to know that I'm not scared of you."

"Well I would be, so you should."

"Why is that?"

"Because I'm the freak girl on meds."

"What do you mean, what meds."

"Um, well, I don't know, you'd look at me differently."

"Hun, I'd never judge you."

"I don't know, I'm sorry. Maybe one day, but I can't tell you right now."

I stood up from the seat and started walking away when I felt a hand on my shoulder. Demi had turned me the rest of the way and put her hands on both of my shoulders and looked me right in the eyes.

"Woe, where do you think your going miss?"

"I-I don't know." Honestly I don't know, it's not like I had a room here or anywhere to go, I've never lived near this place.

"Well your staying here and we're getting to know each other okay."

"Oh boy." I breathed out. This was going to be a long day.

*A/n Sorry it's short, but it's still an update! I'll try to update sooner! Lacrosse has just been my life recently and soon I'll have practice seven days a week, so that will be fun.