Your Safe With Me

Chapter 3

~Demi's P.O.V.~

And just like that she was gone, but I couldn't let her go. Yes I know she killed her Mom, but I saw how upset and scared she was, she knew it was wrong. There most be more to this story.

I ran to my car and got in. I started the ignition and headed off the way Brooklyn did.

~Brooklyn's P.O.V.~

I keep driving and as usual, I had no clue where I was going, I just knew I had to get away.

Eventually I got to an area with a cliff with a very high drop into the water. About five inches away from the cliff was a brown wooden fence to keep people from falling, but that's exactly what I wanted to do, and a little fence wasn't going to stop me.

I unbuckled my seat belt and stepped out of the car. I shut the door behind me and made my way to the fence. Once at the fence, I leaned against it. I took in the fresh air as the wind blew against my face.

There wasn't much light beside the moon's glow across the water. Also, it was rather cold and if I didn't die from impact, the the cold water most likely would.

I jumped up over the fence. Once over, I held on to it by holding on to it with my hands, with my arms behind my back. I let go and moved the small distance so I was at the edge and I closed my eyes. I let myself fall, only I did not.

~Demi's P.O.V.~

I had followed Brooklyn all the way until she stopped and parked by a cliff fenced off.

I watched as she made her way to the edge. Quickly I got out of my Mercedes-Benz and walked over to where Brooklyn stood. I stayed a few inches back watching her movements.

I watched until she hoped over the fence, leaving a short amount of distance between her and the cliff.

I ran over to her as she walked closer to the edge. She spread her arms and let go. I lunged forward and grab her by the waistband of her pants.

I pull her back over the fence with all my strength.

She looks at me with sadness in her eyes.

"Why didn't you let me go, let me fall, let me die? You barely even know me, yet you stop me from commiting?" She asks with confusion written across her face.

"I may not know you, but I don't believe your a bad person. And I stopped you from making a mistake, you don't need to die, and I promise I won't turn you in."

"I am a bad person, you don't know what I am capable of."

"A bad person would not feel so guilty and upset about what they did."

"I'm sorry." She states.

"Hun, what are you sorry about?"

"I don't know, I just feel like I should be sorry."

"It's okay, you don't need to be sorry." I opened my arms to give her a hug and she excepted. I rubbed her back and she began to break down. "Brook, are you okay?"

"It's just... you hug just like my mother did." She continued to cry.

"Hey, do you know where your going to go?" I ask. She looks up at me with her bruised eye, cut lip, and teary eyes.

"I don't know, I was just going to keep going." She replies.

"Well your staying with me okay? I'll keep you safe, you'll be safe with me I promise." She hugs me tighter.

"Thank you Demi, thank you for saving me and now this, just thank you."

*A/n Okay the long awaited update! I'm so sorry it's short and almost rushed, I just had problems trying to get Demi to save her, and this popped into my head so I did it. Thank you so much for reading and I'm going to try updating more often, but it might be hard because lacrosse starts in two days. I'll do my best! Thank you!