I snapped out of my thoughts the moment I heard a loud, "(Y/N)!!!!!!"

I dropped my hand slowly and looked over to the source of the noise, Emma. She gave a closed eyed grin while patting the space next to her, "why don't you and Yuki come sit with us? I have some people I wanna introduce!"

Yuki and I shared a side glance in silent agreement. We then both went over and sat down. Emma stretched slightly and grinned, "So, these are my fellow 'comrades'!"

The boy with black hair sighed as he looked up from his book, "Don't call us that, that just makes it sound weird, Emma."

The boy with white platinum hair let out a small chuckle, a soft smile painted on his face. Emma pouted, "Norman, tell him that it's not weird! It's not!"

"It is."

"Not!"

"Is."

"Not!"

I somehow mustered the strength to hold back a bubbling laugh, sensing that Yuki was also in the same predicament. His shoulders were clearly visibly shaking, his fists clenched as he bit his lip, which portrayed a constipated yet awkward smile. Their little argument just seemed a bit too childish! Not in a bad way, of course.

As the two continued bickering, Norman turned his gaze away from that pair to us. He laughed at bit at our clearly struggling forms, "It's okay to laugh. They're always like this."

Yuki let out a small snort as he hid his face around the joint of his inner elbow, laying his head on the table as he silently laughed.

Meanwhile, I was trying to take deep breaths, but a few giggles still managed to escape my form.

"S-Sorry, heh, so, as you know from Mama's announcement yesterday, I'm (Y/n)"

It didn't even occur to me that I had called the young, kind, and beautiful lady my mother. It simply fell on to deaf ears, even my own apparently.

Yuki raised a finger up to single 'One second' as he let one more laugh escape. He sat back up, fixing his posture as his cheeks were clearly painted a rosy color. He smiled, "And I'm Yuki, nice to meet you."

He nodded in acknowledgment, "As you probably heard, I'm Norman and the boy with black hair is Ray."

I glanced over at said boy, only to see him now teasing poor Emma.

Emma let out a loud whine while playfully muttering "whatever" under her breath as her gaze turned back towards us. She grinned excitedly, "Now that I have both of you here, I can ask even more questions!"

That was a fast mood change-

As Emma was about to yeet her first question at us, Ray quickly intervened, "what are your scores?"

Yuki smiled softly, "I usually get around 280-290."

Ray nodded in acknowledgment before turning to me, everyone else doing the same. I smiled nervously before speaking up, "Scores? I'm not sure what you're talking about-"

Yuki playfully rolled his eyes before place his hand on my head, ruffling up my hair, "Sorry about this one, she's very forgetful."

I let out a small whine in protest. He turned his gaze completely towards me, his bewitching green eyes sparkling brighter than ever, "The scores come from the exams we take everyday. Instead of school we have those, remember? You silly goose, you're probably still half asleep."

I blinked in surprise, confusion lacing my features. Exams? Sure, I've taken those before. I've taken plenty of those! From quizzes to exams, they've all been done by me. But not attending school and taking exams instead? How is one supposed to even learn correctly? Surely, they couldn't be serious...!