Chapter Three

It’s been two weeks since we arrived at Hogwarts and as such it is halfway through September.

So, we have this tradition…we meaning, Paige, Lucy, Nott, Pansy, Millicent, Daphne, Blaise, me, and unfortunately Malfoy. Pretty much all of the fifth year Slytherins. The tradition…truth or dare. Only, of course we can’t play regular truth or dare. This year, we play hardcore.

I’ve yet to discover what that means yet, but I don’t really care. Sounds like it’ll be funny if anything.

So Paige, Lucy, and I all got up around the same time. We got ready and walked down to the Great Hall together.

We were almost there when someone opened the door and ran into me, causing me to fall flat on the ground.

“WATCH WHERE YOU’RE FREAKING GOING, MALFOY!!!!!!!” I screamed.

I expected something to be yelled back, some sort of annoying comeback, but nothing came.

I looked up and with horror, realized that it wasn’t Malfoy at all. It was his idiot minion Goyle.

“Sorry, Lexy.” He grunted.

“Oh…crap. Thought you were Malfoy…” I said embarrassed.

Paige and Lucy were giving me a weird look as I looked into the Great Hall and saw like A TON of people staring at me.

Great…just great…

I saw Potter smirking at me and I looked away, grabbing Paige and Lucy and dragging them to the table.

“Geez, Lex. What was that about?” Lucy asked.

I shrugged sort of ignoring her. “I thought he was Malfoy.” I said nonchalantly, trying to hide my embarrassment.

Lucy was about to say something no doubt to voice her disappointment in my behavior but Paige cut her off.

“Which class do we have first?”

I gave her a thankful look and she rolled her eyes jokingly.

Lucy took out her elaborately decorated planner and announced that we had Potions first, then Charms, Care of Magical Creatures, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Transfiguration, History of Magic, Divination, and finally Astrology.

Not a bad day.

We finished our breakfast slowly then made our way to Potions. Although Snape was head of Slytherin house, there were only few students he actually liked and Paige, Lucy, and I were not any of those few. So we dreaded Potions, but hey, so did the majority of the school. 

Nott was my Potions partner. Of course Snape picks our partners. Because he enjoys making our lives miserable. Well, at least he put me with Nott and not with-