Chapter Nine

Terror.

~

The past few days have been relatively easy, the whole "ignoring Harry" plan running smoothly.

Harry has yet to come to the club, causing my anticipation of his arrival to rise with every swing of the front door. Given I had worked two weeks before seeing him, I don't think he was a regular; most of the men that came to Sugar's were.

After weeks of agony, I finally had my day off. The constant socialization that came with the job sent an unbearable feeling through my body, my brain feeling like it needed a two month long vacation.

No bourbon. No loud music. No social interaction.

Just me, and Auggie of course.

Auggie and I's schedules differed so much that it was difficult to spend time with him. The last interaction we had was when I nearly burned down the house.

It pained me, the lack of conversing, though Auggie being a teenage boy, he probably loved it.

My brother constantly had the house to himself, the times I was at home, he was at school. The times I was at work, he was home alone. He could throw a party, find my hidden liquor, do anything really; all he did, however, was sit in his room, playing his video games.

He was quite popular amongst his peers at school. Though I didn't know much about what went on his life, I knew that everyone fought to be his friend. Auggie, much like me, didn't like the attention, even if it was positive. He didn't enjoy the spotlight, always feeling as though he had to prove himself.

"Bubs? I'm home for the night, if you wanna do something?" I knock on Auggie's door, the sound of computerized guns blaring throughout the small living space.

I wait a few seconds before his voice tries to fight over the noisy sound, "What'd you say?" Auggie yells, an explosion sounding shortly off as he curses to himself.

"I SAID, I'M HOME TONIGHT ASSHOLE!" I scream, the volume from the game slowly decreasing as I hear shuffling on the other side.

The door flies open as Auggie's wild, curly hair blows up, the abrupt movement of the door nearly pinning him in the face as he holds the constant annoyed expression.

"I would," Auggie draws as I nod in his direction, awaiting his usual excuse to my invitations: 'I'm tired'. He clenches his teeth, a forced smile forming on his face as I laugh in shock.

"Holy shit, you have plans!" I exclaim, my hands grabbing his shoulders as I shake him violently. My cheeks hurt from the exaggerated smile as Auggie throws his head back, a ticked groan coming from his throat.

"Is it a girl? Oh my fuck, are you going on a date? Is it a boy? What's his name? Is she cute? Do you need condoms?" Questions vomit out of my mouth, Auggie's eyes widening as he slaps my arm with force.

"Ow-"

"Can you just like, sh, for two seconds?" Auggie says, my thighs tiring from the excessive, joyful bouncing. I nod, praying that I will finally learn something new about my younger brother.

If Auggie dates someone before I do, I swear to fuck.

"I'm not going on a date," Auggie sighs, his need for secrecy paining him as he reveals new information to me. My smile increases slightly as I nod urgently, Auggie squinting his eyes as he shakes his head.

I'm not ready to be an aunt yet, sorry.

"I'm going to a party," he speaks, my face lighting as Auggie hoists himself from the couch that we made our way to, walking fast to his room. I shoot up, attempting to catch him as I form a game plan in my head.