Chapter 19

This will be a long part. I yet again bawled my eyes out. Whew. - A 💋
•••••
Sariya.

If you would've told Sariya that today would be the day her life changed forever, she wouldn't have believed you. Her life was changing the day he met Andrew, but today? Today made her life change in ways she never imagined.

"Henry what the fuck are talking about? S-She did what?" Sariya asked in disbelief, holding onto the kitchen counter. She felt like her knees could give out any moment.

"L-Luciana committed suicide."

Letting the phone fall from her ear Sariya's body shook slightly as she bursted into tears. She couldn't believe it.

Andrew rushed into the kitchen confused, running to her side. "Baby what's wrong?"

Sariya just leaned against the counter, trying to process the information but she couldn't.

H-how could she? How could she just give up? How could she leave her daughters behind?

Andrew scrunched up his face and leaned down to pick up her phone. It was cracked slightly as he noticed Henry on the phone.

"Hey Henry this is Drew, is everything okay?"

He heard Henry sniffles. "No Drew the girls mother— she uh she killed herself today."

Andrews mouth dropped open as he immediately lifted his hand up and placed it on Sariya's back. She was crying so hard it scared him, he hadn't saw her like this since the wedding rehearsal.

Sariya was shaking her head in disbelief, wiping away her tears. "She couldn't have done it, somebody killed her and is covering it up to look like a suicide I don't care. Germano knew she was testifying this week, he fucking knew it."

"Tell her I thought so too, I really did. But the letters I found, and after reading them I know this is something she felt like she had to do. She wrote me a letter, Sariya a letter, Germano a letter, and her daughters a letter." Henry told Andrew and his heart broke, immediately thinking about the girls. He didn't know Luciana but he his relationships with her daughters told him everything he needed to know about her. She loved her kids, so leaving them behind couldn't have been easy. She had to have had a reason. But at the end of the day, that doesn't make it right. Now two precious little girls would grow up without either of their parents.

That didn't settle to well with him. His only question was what was going to happen to the girls?

"Tell Sariya I will be back in town tomorrow, we have a lot to discuss. I can't explain too much over the phone." Henry sighed and Drew kept his eyes on Sariya who was now silent, wondering what was running through her mind.

"Yeah man I'll tell her, we'll see you tomorrow."

Andrew pulled the phone away from his ear and hung it up placing it on the counter. He walked closer to Sariya and wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into his body. She started crying again, burying her face into his chest.

"I-I can't believe she would do this Andrew. Luciana was so s-strong." Sariya cried and he hugged her tighter, resting his head on top of hers.

"I'm sorry baby." He whispered softly, rubbing her back. "Sometimes things just don't make sense."

She pulled away and stared at up at him, tears streaming down her face. "T-This doesn't make at all, I mean she was so close to the end. Why would she give up? Why would she leave her daughters behind?"

Drew grabbed her face and used his thumbs to wipe away her tears. "It doesn't make sense to me either my love, it hurts to even think about. Henry said she left behind some letters and that he needs to talk to you about some things. Maybe it will help bring some kind of clarity to this fucked up situation."