Chapter 15: A Not So Peaceful New Year

Начните с самого начала

'I pray that Emiko falls in love with Kusuo and they end up being happy together.' 

'What now?' Saiki exclaimed in his head.

Another of his eccentric classmates show up with the purpose of completing everyone's happiness in New Year's day.  

Her classmates greet her and she internally panics as soon as she sees Emiko.  Emiko, who can't read people's minds introduced her to her parents and Teruhashi panics again as she sees that the parents of her pink headed classmates are close.  Nonetheless, she convinces herself of being the perfect girl and maintains her composure.  

Saiki turn to leave the group in a huff as his prayers didn't seem to be answered when Kurumi invites everyone over at their house to celebrate the New Years and eat.  Everyone eagerly agrees and Eito asks if they should bring the food that Emiko prepared so they would have more to eat.  

Saiki sighs knowing he won't have a quiet New Years. 

---

"Wow! This mashed sweet potato and chestnuts are great!" Cried Nendou.

"Eat up!" Kuniharu said cheerfully. 

"I love eating!"  Said Hairo 

"This tofu is amazing, Oba-san."  Complimented Emiko as she was a major tofu fan.

"Oh it means so much coming from you!"  Kurumi smiled at Emiko. 

 "This is very good! Please teach me how to make it!"  Kokomi asked Kurumi not wanting to be overshadowed by Emiko.

"Of course I will!  But you'll have to ask Emi-chan how to make that dumpling!" Kurumi said. 

'What! This fantastic dumpling is made by Emiko?' Teruhashi said trying not to experience an existential crisis.  

"I'll gladly teach you!" Emiko said happily. "I'm sure you're a great cook or if not, you definitely have the makings of one!"

Conversations flowed through the dinner table easily.  They learned more about Kusuo's and Emiko's parents.  Emiko would tell them little anecdotes of each of her friends and all would laugh in good fun.  She looked over to Saiki and saw the he was sitting on chair away from the table 'No doubt unhappy about the intrusion in his solitude.' 

Saiki heard this and smirked.  'Spot on.' He looked over to Emiko who motioned him to sit with all of them.  He sighed and did so.  

"Thank you everyone for being Ku's friend!" Kurumi said happily. 

 "You don't have to thank us!" Hairo exclaimed passionately.  "We want to be his friends."

Ena smiled at that declaration.  Kurumi often confided in her that her son was always so distant and aloof that she was afraid he'd never make any friends. 

Kurumi's eyes softened "You're right. Thank you. I'm just so happy. Ku-chan has never had many friends because he's a psychic."  

The room becomes quiet.  

''Finally, a quietI New Year's.'  Saiki thought dryly. 

"Do you guys know the Shonen Jump logo?" Kuniharu asks attempting to drive the conversation elsewhere. "You know, that pirate one?"

"Yes, I'm familiar with that one."  Hairo says quietly. 

 "If you turn it 90 degrees over, it looks like a girl's side profile!... I just thought I would point that out."