Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

"Look who's here?" Yeri snickered, eyeing Jinyoung from head to toe. Irene too looked at him and then back at me. She made different facial expressions that I don't understand. I saw how the members exchanged glances at each other, of course, they are unaware of what is happening.

I cleared my throat since I felt the awkwardness within us. "What brings you here, Jinyoung?"

Jinyoung opened his mouth to answer but then Irene stood in front of me, making me take a step back in surprise. "Jinyoung, long time no see." She said.

I furrowed my eyebrows. What is Irene scheming? I tugged the hem of her shirt, as if telling her to stop whatever she's planning to do but she just ignored me. Yeri and I exchanged glances as she just shrugged, signifying that she doesn't understand Irene's actions too.

"Oh... Irene, long time no see." Jinyoung showed a tight smile, it shows, how uncomfortable he is feeling right this moment.

"What brings you here? As far as I know you just got discharged from the hospital." Irene crossed her arms, trying to be intimidating.

I closed my eyes and sighed. "Irene, it's okay."

"Oh, I..." Jinyoung trailed.

"Come on, hyung! Just tell noona!" Yugyeom said.

"Yeah! Stop being a shy baby. It doesn't suit you!" Jaebeom teased.

Jinyoung looked back at them and gave them a glare. I bit my lower lip, trying to suppress my laughter. Obviously, he was forced to come here. I noticed that some people are looking through their doors. Then, I realized that looking at us, we are a lot.

"Is it alright if we continue our conversation inside? People may be watching, and it would attract rumors or something." I said, opening the door a bit wider so that they may enter my apartment.

Yeri looked at me and laughed before entering my apartment again. "They're cute." She whispered before going straight to the couch. I rolled my eyes at her statement.

I looked at Irene. "Irene? What's wrong?"

Irene sighed, shaking her head. She ran her hands through her hair, fixing the locks that were made. "I don't want you to be hurting again. Seeing him and you? Gave me flashbacks when you were so broken, and he wasn't there for you."

I gave her a small smile and held her shoulder. "Irene, it's not his fault. It's because of me, I didn't tell him anything, so obviously he was left confused. I was the one who hurt him, so don't get mad at him, okay?"

Irene nodded. "Yeah, but you did it for him."

"But he was clueless, up until now actually. It is all my fault, he's not to blame." I smiled sadly. "Besides, he's been nothing but kind to me. You don't have to worry, okay?"

"I'm just worried..." She looked down.

"I'm okay, Irene. I promise." I gave her a nod as an assurance and pulled her in the apartment before closing the door.

I looked at the seven boys sitting on the couch, some were on the floor and Yeri just popped out of my room with some chairs. "It's cold on the floor, you know?" She shrugged. Mark stood up and helped her with the chairs as Yeri muttered a small thank you before we all settled down. I ended up sitting on the floor since I told them I am used to sitting on the floor. Yeri and Irene sat beside me because they felt awkward sitting with the boys as it's their first-time meeting.

"So, tell me what's up?" I asked.

Mark and Jaebeom looked at Jinyoung who is currently playing with his sweater. I looked at him and my heart melted as I saw his sweater paws. He literally has this habit when he wears an oversize sweater, his hands would be inside the sleeves and his hands balled in fists.