Twenty Three

The next few weeks go quickly. They are filled with schoolwork, exams, and preparations for graduation. I had happily passed my exams and classes with decent grades. I was worried about my final grades in a few classes because a lot had happened this semester. Thankfully, I studied hard in the last few weeks.

Harry had tried to convince me to let him come for a few days to see me, but I did the hardest thing I've ever done, I refused him to come. I told him how badly I needed to study and that I really needed to pass these classes so that I could graduate and come on the road with him for a while. He understood and told me that he could try and wait another week.

I currently stand in line with Liam, waiting to pick up our cap and gowns from the admissions building.

I had come with all of my friends, but we had lost Zayn and Louis somewhere along the way. It was something called 'Gradfest' that the school had set up. It was a fun time for all of the graduates coming up, and the school decided to host a sort of festival for the students. There was a ferris wheel and a few other rides, some games, lots of food, and the graduates were supposed to pick up our caps and gowns for the upcoming graduation ceremony on Sunday.

"Can you believe it?" I ask, looking around in awe, "Four years gone just like that."

"Crazy, isn't it? I remember our second day when we walked into the wrong classroom. We were already late and so embarrassed that we just sat down, not knowing we were in the wrong room," Liam laughs.

I remember that day so clearly now. Liam's alarm had failed to wake the both of us up, so when we eventually got up and realized the time we rushed to class. I had read the numbers of the room wrong and we ended up in some sort of quantum physics course.

Once I pulled out my notebook and settled into my seat, ready to take notes I looked up at the board that read the title of the class. My face burned an even brighter red and I looked over at Liam in shock, telling him that I must've read the numbers on the schedule wrong.

He wore a worried look on his face but said that he didn't want to leave now because we had already made fools of ourselves. We were hopeful that the professor hadn't called on us for any of the answers because we had absolutely no clue what was going on. We had a good laugh afterwards though, which causes me to laugh at the fond memory.

"How could I forget? I think I still have the page of notes from that day. Not sure what any of it means though."

"Me neither mate," Liam laughs and we move a step forward in line.

"Remember that time Louis streaked across the quad when we were coming home from our first college party?"

"And those girls laughed and pointed at his dick? One of the funniest moments of my life," Liam grins, "We didn't let him live that down for weeks."

"Let me live what down?" Louis asks, pushing in between the two of us with Zayn following closely behind. The person behind us in line complains but Louis replies with a quick 'Fuck off' and Zayn apologizes for him.

Liam gives him a disapproving glance but answers his question, "When you went streaking in the quad."

"Oh God," Louis throws his head back dramatically, "Let's not bring that back."

"Why Lou? Don't want anyone knowing about your tiny package?" Zayn howls and slings a shoulder over Louis who flushes and tries to shove Zayn off.

"I'm a grower, not a shower," Louis defends, "And it was cold out!"

"Whatever you say Lou," Liam responds and he along with Zayn and I laugh. We ignore Louis' threats of beating our asses and laugh harder, jumping off of each other's jokes about that story.