Taehyung felt his heart beat a thousand times when he finally saw the ravenette whose eyes were glued on him as well.

"Thank you for keeping an eye on my Taetae." Tessa smiled gratefully at the boys who quickly returned the warm smile.

"You must have been really scared, huh?" Jimin asked, walking his way near to her.

"My heart almost fell off my chest." Tessa answered.

Taehyung shakes his head. "Seriously, stop." He chuckled, darting his eyes on the ravenette who silently sat on the couch to his left.

The boys and his mom talked and joked for a long while, but Taehyung couldn't focus his attention to them.

He glanced at the ravenette, only to see him intensely look at him as well.

"It's good to know it's nothing serious." Jungkook uttered in a low voice, enough for Taehyung to hear.

He gulped, looking down on his clasped hands.

"Yeah. Thanks to the immediate treatment made by the physician." He whispered back.

Taehyung looked up when Jungkook stood from the couch, only to sit on the stool right beside his bed.

"You're too stubborn, Tae." Jungkook stared at him in the eye, making Taehyung gulp.

"If you just listened to me and didn't play regardless of your injury, this wouldn't have happened." Jungkook uttered in a serious tone that had Taehyung looking down.

He tried laughing off the feeling away. "I'm okay, really. It's just a fracture." He uttered, almost a whisper.

Taehyung glanced up, seeing Jungkook leaning a little towards him and whispered low.

"If you were mine, I would tie you up and keep you locked in your room if I have to, just to make sure you won't get the chance to play and hurt yourself." Jungkook gazed at him with too much intensity that made Taehyung breathe hard.

"If you were mine..." Jungkook repeated which made the butterflies in the brunet's stomach go wild.

Taehyung felt his palms go wet from sweat as he tried looking away. His eyes darted to the boys and his mother, noticing that they were all staring at the two of them.

He blinked, feeling his heart erratically beating off his chest, realizing that he totally forgot that there were other people in the room.

"Uh.." He gulped, not knowing what to say.

"Oh yeah, I forgot." Namjoon suddenly uttered, breaking the silence.

"We still have to practice. Yeah. Let's go." He said in a rush, walking out of the room.

"Yes, God! Why did we forget about that?" Jimin stood, stretching his arms up.

"Do we? I thought coach said we're done for the day?" Hoseok asked in a confused tone.

"We do, Hoseok. We do." Jin dragged Hoseok out while the rest of the boys followed.

Hoseok turned to look at Tessa who's going out with them as well.

"Aunt too?" Hoseok asked which made Yoongi roll his eyes.

"Just move your ass, Hobi." Yoongi uttered as they went ahead.

Tessa laughed. "I'll be walking you out. Yeah.." She said, looking at the two people who were left inside the room before slowly closing the door behind.

An awkward silence filled the room as Taehyung tried to grasp what on earth just happened.

He doesn't know where to look, feeling Jungkook's presence even more now that they're alone.

The suffocating silence made Taehyung uneasy, so he tried breaking the ice.

"Don't you need to go with them for the practice?" Taehyung asked, snapping his head to Jungkook's direction.

His eyes widened when Jungkook suddenly met him with a kiss, his lips eagerly pressed on Taehyung's soft ones.

It was too sudden, and Taehyung didn't see it coming.

He felt his world spin when Jungkook's lips moved and molded against his own, making him lose strength as he closed his eyes, letting the ravenette take the lead.

He trembled when Jungkook cupped his face, deepening the kiss as Taehyung get drowned with all the emotions he's pouring in their connected lips.

It's full of desperation and need.

Full of unsaid feelings.

Taehyung responded with the same intensity, letting himself get carried away by the heated kiss.

Both of them were panting for air when they slowly pulled away, eyes held captive by the other in close proximity.

The silence filled the space between them as they stared at each other's eyes.

Taehyung couldn't comprehend the emotions he saw in the ravenette's eyes.

He just felt that it's too strong, and he's afraid.

He glanced down on his hand, breaking eye contact.

"I- What are we doing?" He asked in a low voice.

He heard Jungkook sigh as he slowly pulled away from him.

"Best friends shouldn't kiss." Taehyung uttered still not looking at the ravenette.

"And besides, you have a girlfriend, Jungkook." Taehyung added, though the words barely left his lips.

"Do you even know why -" Jungkook couldn't keep his frustration from showing as he tried to calm himself. "I can't do this, Tae." He said, making Taehyung look his way.

"I don't think I could stay by your side as your best friend." 

-----

Love you 💜