Chapter 12: A step forward!

Start from the beginning

'She's late!' Raka was waiting for her to come for a while now. Usually she arrived quite early and Raka would come either early or late. But today Raka was already late, and she was still not here. After waiting for some time he decided to check her office. 'Maybe she fell asleep again!'

He reached the office and knocked the door. 'No answer eh'. Raka leaned closer trying to hear and heard deep breathing sounds. He wanted to open the door but this time he restrained. Last time was bad enough. He knocked loudly and heard something fall off and shattering inside.

"Who...what!!!" came sounds as Lady Verina woke up with a grumble. Raka knocked again, lightly this time. After a while,

"Enter!"

Raka opened the door and stepped inside. Her hair was still tousled lightly and a stack on her table seemed to have fallen down. Something had broken and its pieces were scattered across the floor. She had a little trouble focusing.

"Ah its you!" she said as she took a yawn!

"Yes, you were late! So I came to see. Seems like you are already very tired! Should we skip today's training?"

"Hmm...yes I would like that very much!"

'I would like that as well' thought Raka.

"But well, we can skip the physical part, I am too tired to move right now. Just came back from the capital and it was a rather tiring journey."

Raka stayed quiet, listening to her complain.

"Hmm so what do we do then? Should we call it a night?"

"Um...I just learned magic language. Could you teach me how to make spell scrolls?"

"Ah that's right! I did say I would teach you that! Ah well this will require you to use magic as well, so lets head down to the training hall! Just let me get a few things....." saying which she opened a drawer and grabbed a couple of papers and some quills or pens with feathers behind them.

They walked down to the training hall.

"So the basics of making a spell scroll is to embed magic on paper. It is different from the kind of embedding you have done so far. Instead of making a coat, this time imagine energy flowing through the paper."

"Okay, I will give it a try!"

Raka entered his colorful world. This time he saw the form of the paper he was holding with his fingers, though again, he could only clearly see the parts away from his hands. He moved his hands like he was making a coat but he moved in a way like he was pushing air into it. A little while later, he saw the colors move again. The colors seemed to be moving through the paper out the other side. Slowly the paper form seemed to be getting brighter than before but he couldn't be sure. He looked at his energy meter and it was slowly rising. He did not know how much energy he would need, so he simply assumed enough energy to make a small fire ,should be enough.

Raka opened his eyes.

"That is good. Energy has been embedded on this paper. The more energy you put in, the more powerful magic becomes. The next step is to write the magic using magic language. Lets try with a simple one. Try writing 'wind' on it. Not 'air' but wind!"

Raka took one of the pens she had come with and wrote the word for 'wind' on the paper. The paper did not feel any different and in reality looked the same as it was before. After writing the word, he looked up towards Lady Verina for the next step.

"Now fold it, like this. Seal it, here's a little wax. Now write on the front the 'name'. For now, just write 'wind' on it as well."

Raka did as she directed.