1

I let out a futile gasp as I opened my eyes, only to see the setting sun in the landscape before me, the sky painted with an array of warm colors. I turned to look behind me, my eyes following the movement of the closing gate.

I blinked in horror and confusion, panic clearly lacing my voice, "This isn't the classroom."

A gentle voice beside me spoke up, "classroom? Hey, what are you talking about?"

My eyes immediately darted over in shock, eyes still wavering slightly. Before me stood a slim and fair boy. He easily towered over my small form with his enormous height. His raven black hair was parted to cover bits of his right eye, leaving a mysterious yet alluring impression on those who met him eye to eye. His emerald green eyes shone softly, specks of yellow dancing around in them. His plump pink lips seemed to be forged into a small pout of confusion.

"Who...Who are you?!"

His lips curled up into a soft smile as his grass colored eyes shone softly underneath the rays of the sun, " Silly (y/n), don't tell me you've already forgotten who I am. We've been together since basically infancy!"

His fair hand reached over to grab mine as he pulled me along the path surrounded by trees, speaking in a matter of fact tone, "Anyways, let's go, don't want to be late now."

My mouth gaped open as I was at a complete loss of words. Everything was so quick and sudden. I was in the classroom one second and the next I open my eyes to find this! I tried testing his grip on my hand by gently tugging but it was rock solid. He looked over his shoulder and flashed me a toothy smile.

I scoffed a bit, confusion making my actions rash. A certain item then brushed up against my bare knee, causing me to look down at the mystery item. That's when I noticed the weight in my 'free hand' get considerably heavier, as now an unknown suitcase seems to reside in it.

Then my attire came to my attention. It wasn't my normal school uniform, it was a different one. It was a pure white one. The white skirt length was to my knee as my white dress shirt hung loosely on me. I clearly still had space to grow in it.

I looked at my moving feet, which were seemingly dressed in combat boots. I didn't realize that the mysterious boy had already let go and I was walking on my own. My eyes widened at the sight. I wanted to stop, turn around and run away, but my body was determined to continue walking in this direction.

Soon, a simple house came into view, the ringing of a bell being heard in the distance. Little kids could be seen heading inside the house, who seemed to have identical attire to ours. As I studied the house, I felt my heart flutter for a simple second, the reason unknown. I brought my fingers up to touch my pulsing temple before it resided and my fingers returned to their original position.

As the boy and I finally reached the entrance, he turned to me and gave me a closed eyed smile, "It's now or never (n/n)."

I couldn't help but feel nervous as I brought my hand up to reach for his outstretched arm, "Yuki..!"

Yuki...

Yuki?

Why did that roll off my tongue so perfectly? I don't know who he is... so why?

He ruffled my hair in a calming manner, causing a small fire to rise on my (s/c) cheeks in embarrassment. He giggled quietly to himself at my reaction before knocking on the door.