But what about three days ago, Ava? What about the bruise he gave you after finding out about Danny's letter?

As soon as we pull into the garage, the car is put into park and Ian steps out. The entire drive home was quiet. Meaning some shit is about to go down.

I wants to eat now,” Danny's high voice awakens me. Ian has him in his arms before I can even exit the car.

We'll eat soon. But for now go to the kitchen and have grandma grab you a snack.”

Danny nods fervently before running off.

No, she can't be near him.” I open my door to stop Ian but a small gasp escapes when I feel my body being slammed into the cold, hard pavement. I hit the ground face first, busting my lip in the process.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you wanted him to spend time with his grandma, right?”

I feel my hair being pulled back and in that instant, I realize what he's going to do. I open my mouth to protest but a painful slap sends my palms to the ground. With my head down and my chest heaving, I try to crawl away.

Uh, uh, uh. Come back here,” he uses his body to pin me down.

My chest tightens and my throat constricts as I find it harder to breathe. With a strong arm around my waist he hoists us up.

We need to fix this,”

He scoots us to the wall, hugging me against his chest.

I need to help you, Ava. Just let me help you,”

I shiver when I feel a cool breeze caress my neck. His lips graze the outline of my jaw while I try to steady my breathing.

Okay,” I agree quickly.

From now on I'll help him with school assignments. We'll do it together so there's no plotting behind my back. Is that clear?”

Understood,” I nod once to let him know I get it. I don't want anymore problems.

He lifts me up so I'm facing him. I have to blink a few times to ease the stiffness of my bruised eye. I can feel the fresh blood drip from my lip but I don't wipe it. I wait for him to do what he has done time and time again.

I love you too much to let you go again,”

He raises my chin before leaning in. Closing my eyes, I allow his soft lips touch my throbbing ones. He kisses me; even sucking some blood off my lips. His hands instinctively wrap around my waist while I place mine- hesitantly- on his shoulders.

We stay like this for a few seconds until I feel his nails dig into my side. I release a small whimper before hearing,

I don't like hurting you but if you ever make me look like the fucking bad guy again I'll show you why you shouldn't,” eyes of jade glare down at me, making my heart race. The evil aura pours from his soul, polluting mine as well. My dull brown, teary eyes never leave his and before I know it my throat is being squeezed.

Answer me, Ava.”

Coughing and wheezing are the only sounds I manage to make. My hands grasp his while my eyes plead for him to release his strong hold. The emotion in his eyes; once full of anger and wrath is now replaced with remorse.

Shit babe, I'm sorry. I didn't- I wasn't thinking,” he starts rambling while I rub my neck. After a few gasps for air I am finally able to breathe properly.