10|THE SECOND TASK

Start from the beginning

"So, are you two officially a thing now?" Fred Weasley appeared, when Valentina was finally alone.

"I think they might be, Fred," his brother said, appearing beside him.

"I don't see how that's any of your business, among other things," Valentina flicked her eyes to Fred in the last part.

"Well, you know, us Gryffindor's have to help each other out—" said Fred.

"—and we're just not sure if he's right for you," said George.

"I'm surprised she hasn't eaten him alive yet, George," said Fred.

"Me too, Fred," said George.

"As I said before, it's none of your business," Valentina was starting to get irritated.

"Well if he becomes a problem just let us know," said Fred.

"We'll sort him out."

Valentina wasn't sure if they were joking or being serious, flicking her eyes back and forth between the twins.

"So, why exactly are you talking to me again?" She asked. "It's a little creepy how you both seemed to be watching Cedric and I and waited until I was alone to speak to me."

Fred and George both looked for a moment realising how bad the situation might have looked.

"No, no, no, no, no," Fred shook his head. "You've got it all wrong."

"We came to deliver a message to you and you coincidentally were saying bye to your boyfriend," George began to explain.

"We didn't want to interrupt so we decided to wait until you were finished," Fred finished.

"Well, spit out the message then," Valentina demanded, not bothering to correct they referred to Cedric as her boyfriend.

"Professor McGonagall wants to see you in her office," George told her.

"Why?" She questioned.

"We don't know," Fred admitted. "She looked rather grim though."

"She also wanted Ron and Hermione too," George added.

"Interesting," Valentina said to herself before returning looking back to the boys. "If that's all then, goodbye."

She turned on her heel and started to head towards her Head of House's office, trying to come up with all the reasons that she could want her, along with Granger and Weasley.

When she arrived she noticed the other two students had already arrived, turning in their seats which were placed in front of the professor's desk to see who the next guest was.

"Miss Lestrange, I see you finally received my message. Take a seat," Professor McGonagall pointed to seat to the left of Hermione from her chair on the other side of the table.

"I understand that you're all very confused as to why I've called you into my office so late," Professor McGonagall said, looking very upset.

"Just a tad," Ron mumbled to himself.

"I'm sure by now you are all aware that the task tomorrow involves the contestants to retrieve something from the Black Lake," she continued. "Unfortunately that something will be you."

"Why will they be retrieving us, Professor?" Hermione asked.

"It is meant to be someone each of them value," Professor McGonagall answered. "Miss Delacour will retrieve her younger sister, Mr Weasley for Potter, You, Miss Granger for Mr Krum and Miss Lestrange for Mr Diggory."