Chapter 26

"So Sarah, where is it?" Chantelle said.

"I don't know." I replied.

"Yes you do. You went with Adam and Midnight to the vampire base." Amy said.

"You went with Midnight and Adam. I thought Bella went with Adam and Sarah. That's another piece of evidence from my list." Chantelle said.

"Evidence, evidence of what?" Dan said.

"You'll find out soon." Chantelle replied.

"Back to Sarah." Thomas said "where's the base, please Sarah."

"I don't know exactly where it is but I'm sure I could show you the way." I said. I give up there's no point denying them what they want.

"That's great but what about this evidence Chantelle has." Dan said.

"I don't know where to start." Chantelle said.

"Well, you can start off by saying what this evidence is for." Bella said.

"It's for finding out what Midnight is hiding." Chantelle replied.

"What's she hiding?" Thomas said.

"You see that's what I don't know but I know she's hiding something." Chantelle said.

"I think you're paranoid, Chantelle." Amy said.

"Just think about it. Do any of you know anything about her like her family, her hobbies or her life?" Chantelle said.

"Well maybe that's its private." I said.

"What about the fact she has amazing strength, I mean she broke my leg in a fist fight and Amy's jaw in places with one punch or the fact she is never in the dormitory at night or the fact she is always so angry or the fact she has a fucking tattoo," Chantelle said.

"A tattoo, Midnight does not have a tattoo." Thomas said.

"Yes she does, maybe not when you knew her but she does now. The tattoo is of a symbol." Chantelle snapped.

"A symbol for what." Bella said.

"I ask myself that same question but I can't find anything on the internet," Chantelle answered.

"Well if I just pretend for a minute that I actually believe this shit, why don't you check in the library." Dan said.

"That's a brilliant idea, let's go." Chantelle said.

She started to run towards the library.

"Wait up, we want to help too." Bella said.

We run after her and all the way to the library. It was amazing in there; there were rows of books that went to the ceiling. It was going to take a long time to find this symbol. It took an hour to turn on a rundown old computer; meanwhile the others were on the other side of the library looking though books. I typed in 'symbols and their meanings' and pressed the enter key. Finally it came up with a row.

"It's somewhere in row 13 section c." I shouted to the other side of the room. We met at row 13 and started looking.

A book caught the corner of my eye; it was bound in leather and rather old. I reached up to grab it but it was up too high.

"Dan, can you give me a hand." I asked.

"Sure." he said.

He bent his knees and stuck his two hands together. I put one foot in his hands and my hand on his shoulder. I pulled myself up and grabbed the book before falling back down to the floor. I looked at the front of the book. Its title was 'symbols'.

"I found it." I said.

Chantelle rushes up to me and snatched the book away. She flicks through the pages. Then she stares at the page. Her mouth starts to open.

"What's wrong." Thomas asked.

"The symbol means-" Chantelle started.

"Means what." Bella asked.

"It's means werecat." Chantelle said finally.