Chapter Eighteen

Začít od začátku

"Leonard look-"

"I know about the deal you made with Alpha Malik. But you've got to understand me, please. "

"I would love to help. But I can't. I finally have a chance to get as far away as possible before anything bad happens. I can't stay. "

He looked desperate. It broke my heart, really it did. But I'm like a plague. Bad things follow me. And Leonard is one of the few people I've come to like here.

"I know you might understand, but I can't stay here and it's deeper than just trying to escape, Malik. But you don't need me, anyway. I'm sorry about your mum, but she is not Leila. And if Leila is excited, you should really be too. All she needs now is to know you support her and believe in her. You'll be okay."

He nodded and avoided looking me in the eye. I sighed. "Do you know where Aria is?"

He shook his head. "Please, can you help me track her down? Tell her to meet me in the pack house." He nodded again and left.

I walked to the pack house, since we were practically already there and walked into it. I was going to take a quick shower, cause goddess knows when next I'm going to bathe with hot water. Grab a few things and be on my way. Freedom at last.

************************************

After my shower, I walked into the bedroom and picked up a shirt and sweatpants. Aria and I needed to go clothes shopping immediately after we left. I had spent the last month wearing his clothes. It was overwhelming, but probably the reason why my wolf wasn't clawing at me to stay. I guess his scent kept her at bay. After I moisturized, I got dressed and sat on the edge of the bed, trying to organize my thoughts.

"Having second thoughts?" I jumped. How the hell does he always sneak up on me?

"I'll be glad if you are." he sat on the bed beside me. Even if there was a gap between us, it was still too close. My wolf already purred, pushing me to crash into his arms. So much for keeping her at bay. "Don't worry, I won't rub it in."

I turned to look at him smirking, "you wish," I stood up and walked to the door.

"Is this it?" he muttered behind me.

I turned around. "I guess?"

"You're just gonna leave with my clothes?" He managed a small smirk. Although it was very obvious that he was nothing close to happy or amused.

"Well, unless you want me to walk away naked, then yes." I folded my arms across my chest. Wasn't wearing any undies, the only bra I had, I just threw away. It was worn. I had been wearing it for months now, always washing it. It tried, I decided to put it to rest. I planned on buying another one when we left. My boobs were too big to go without bras. And it needed support, so I tucked my hands underneath them. Noticing that, his eyes darkened for a moment, lust. As clear as day, I could feel it. He got up and walked to me, and I just stood there and let him approach. Trapping me between the door and himself. I felt dizzy. I looked up at him and his eyes rested on my lips. His head lowered towards me and my lips slightly parted, as breathing through my nose was now inefficient.

It was hard to describe. Every part of my body was on fire. I was shivering in anticipation. He moved unbearably slowly as if he was teasing me. I could take it anymore. I let my boobs bounce as I stood on my tiptoes and met him halfway. Wrapping my arms around his neck, I slammed my lips into his.

He growled and slammed me into the door. Pressing his entire body on mine. He lifted me up and wrapped my legs around his torso. Switching it up so I was now facing downward.

"Open your mouth," he growled, and I obeyed immediately. My wolf was not willing to put up a fight at this moment, to be honest, neither was I. His tongue slid into my mouth and our tongues danced. Fighting for dominance. Pushing and pulling. I was already getting lost, my mind foggy. I tried to remember why I was leaving from here, but I couldn't pull a single reason. Nothing stood as reason enough to end this. It felt so good.

Until the spell broke, my saviour, a knock on the door. Malik growled against my mouth. I regained composure and pushed him away from me. I folded my arms again, trying to hide my peaking nipples as I turned away.

"Iris?" I heard Aria's voice from the other side of the door. Oh, thank goodness. She really knew when to show up. Cause anymore of that I would have lost my resolve. I reached for the handle and opened the door. I saw my red-headed friend standing with a look of amusement. She knew what happened, and I wasn't going to hear the end of it. She was grinning.

"I got you some clothes. They are in the other room," Malik said from behind me. Aria's eyes trailed from me to him and back to me again.

"The room isn't completely fixed yet, but you can check the closet. I guess I didn't tell you cause I got so comfortable with you wearing my clothes. That at least felt like something. Since you gave me nothing, I had to hold on to little things like that."

I knew what he was doing. Trying to make me feel guilty. He really had many tricks up his sleeve, as my chest clutched with pain. Stupid conscience. I nodded and took Aria's hand and matched to the other room. Not giving myself any room for negotiations. I kept chanting in my head; he has a new pup; he has a new pup. Over and over just to keep my emotions in check.

"Woah, this is lavish!" Aria exclaimed. I nodded in agreement. There were all variety of clothes. Arranged in perfect order. From tanks and Jeans to dresses and pantsuits. What the hell am I supposed to do with suits? I walked over to where the undies were. I had to give it to him, or whomever shopped for me. They sized me up just right. And now that I hear that, it sounds creepy.

I pulled off the clothes I had on and put on the bra and panties, which were a bit too small. Again, curse my generous behind.

"Nothing here is my size," Aria groaned. "The Jeans will absolutely fall off if I put them on."

Aria was very skinny, unlike my close to chubby frame. I had everything: a big butt, boobs and hips. Although I was not fat, I wasn't skinny either. Okay, I was a bit on the thicker side, but that was relative to the person you'd ask.

"How about the tights?" I suggested, and she nodded.

"Iris, are you okay, really?" She sat on the sofa in the wardrobe. Yeah, it was that big.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I sighed.

"Well, he is your mate, after all. Can you really stand to be separate from him?"

"It's not black and white like that," I went over and sat beside her.

"What other reasons do you have to leave here?" She asked.

At this point, the reasons didn't even feel like reasons to me anymore. "H-he has a pup " I breathed.

"What do you mean he has a pup?"

"That exactly, he has a pup with another she-wolf. Plus, it is not safe for you here. They treat you so bad, just like you said it's not fair."

"Iris, I'm sorry. I understand it must be hard for you. And I'm fine. Don't worry about me. I can handle my own."

She moved to put her hands on my shoulders. "Besides, even if I were to leave I have better chances of surviving without you," she chuckled. I jabbed her side with my elbows.

"I just can't be here. Please support me."

"Of course I support you. Don't worry, I'll always support you. Even though I still believe you shouldn't leave"

I got up, and she did with me. We grabbed the bag with the few clothes and two blankets. This was it we were leaving. Finally. But I wasn't happy. Sad was an understatement for how I felt. But I had to go before I felt more conflicted. I needed to leave before I put all these people in danger.

************************************

.