𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘹

COMFORT
- skeppvp -
[ vent ]
[ café au , highschool au ]

The boy's baby blue eyes were empty, staring at the shelves of food. He finally noticed the item he had been looking for, Paprika seasoning. He grabbed it, throwing it in his small grocery basket. He wore a large green scarf over his mouth, with his striped hoodie on as he walked drowsily and tiredly down the isle, turning to the cash register. He sighed, watching as his items were scanned. He paid for them, and went to his car.

Mega was known for two things.
Him hardly speaking, and his strange name. He sighed sadly, turning into the parking lot of Starbucks. He stepped out of his car, clicking the lock button on his keys and opening the door. He noticed a boy he went to school with, Zak. He was smiling happily, attending the people in line.

Mega would be lying if he said he didn't think the boy was somewhat cute. He would never admit it, though. His parents didn't like boys who liked boys, or girls who liked girls. Mega found himself taking interest in both, but he'd never tell his parents that.

"Hey Mega! What can I get you?" Zak smiled, Mega hadn't realized he was already in line, and was up. Mega cleared his throat, looking up.

"You know, those secret menu items?" He asked quietly, and Zak nodded. "Want one?"

"Yeah, surprise me." He snickered, and Zak felt a strange flutter in his chest. He nodded.

"No cost, I'll pay." Zak smiled, making Mega blink. "Are you sure? I don't m-" "I'm sure."

Mega smiled, stepping out of line. He thought of the kind gesture as he waited for his drink. Zak had always been rather nice to him, making sure no one picked on him when he didn't talk. He let out a small sigh, his mind taking himself somewhere else.

"Mega, here." Zak smiled, pushing the drink across the counter. Mega looked over, noticing the looks of it. It had chunks of chocolate in it, and it was green. It was a mint chocolate chip frappe. He blinked, picking it up and taking a sip.

It tasted amazing, it was one of the best drinks he had ever had. Mega's eyes sparkled at Zak, his head tilting. "Why this kind?" Zak snickered at Mega's question. "It reminded me of you. You seem to really like green."

Mega's cheeks turned to roses, and he turned. "Thanks, Zak." He waved goodbye, and Zak did the same. Mega purred as he continued to sip the drink. Maybe it's my favorite kind.

Every day from that point on, Mega would go to Starbucks and buy the same drink. He had noticed it didn't taste as good when a different employee made it, so he only came when Zak was working. Maybe they didn't add enough mint, or add enough chocolate. Maybe not enough whip topping.

"Mint Frappe?" Zak asked before Mega could even speak, snickering as his eyes shut and a smile spread across his face. Mega gently smiled, nodding at Zak. He watched as Zak made the drink.

He poured the ingredients into a large metal cup with a lid on and shook it. It was like he put his entire heart and soul into making the drink for the boy. Mega's heart fluttered as he pushed the drink to him, smiling. "Here Mega."

"Thanks, Zak."

All the days were fine and normal, until a very specific day occurred. Mega had been getting ignored by his friends, online and in real life. No one talked to him anymore, and he felt empty by it. No one noticed him anymore. He didn't leave his house for awhile, and skipped school.

Zak sighed. The fourth day this week with no Mega. No bubbly boy, coming to request the Mint Chocolate Chip Frappé. It seemed almost fake, empty and lifeless without the boy. He had taken such a liking to the boy showing up everyday. He sighed, making the other costumers drinks with a straight face. He overchecked the list of drinks to make, making sure maybe he was lying to himself and the boy had ordered the drink.

No one did though.

Mega had grown to miss Zaks face, and seeing the boys poofy hair, and his giant smile every-time he entered the café. He missed seeing his white undershirt gently rolled to his elbows and the green apron. It clashed well with his beautiful, probably soft, tan skin, his auburn eyes— he knew he was in love with the boy. He didn't know what to do though.

Eventually, on the eighth day, Mega came back. His cold hands opened the door, looking down and then looking up- but he was met with a large, bear like hug. Sniffing could be heard by Zak, the tiny boy that hugged him. "Don't do that! You scared me so bad! I thought something happened to you!" He cried out, holding Mega close to him. Mega blushed at how close they were, but gently hugged the smaller male back. "I'm so sorry.."

Zak got off his shift early today, and he insisted on walking to a small candy shop with Mega, after he ordered his Mint Frappé. The two walked, Mega's bright eyes shining ahead of him as Zak looked up, admiring the boy.

"Mega, I love you and I'm here for you."

Mega blushed, looking down at the boy.

"I love you too."

They smiled. "Can I have a sip? I've never had one." Zak asked, giggling. Mega shrugged, letting him take a sip. Zak blushed, taking it as a indirect kiss. He liked the flavor.

"Was that an indirect kiss?" Mega asked, reading Zaks mind as he chuckled lightly. Zak blushed. "I like direct kisses."

"Then give me one."

Zak stood on his tippy toes, and gently connected their lips with one another.

Words; 986