Chapter 5 ❀ Chasing Butterflies

"Then why not satisfy your ulterior motives?"

"Who is seducing whom now?" Mahad was weak to your words and he showed it not only with his own but with his gentle expression, too. You had no excuse this time, and you more than allowed the brunet to gently place his hand on your cheek and bring your faces closer to one another. Leaning forward slightly, you ended up pushing the young man back a bit when your lips locked.

You now understood why kissing was described as melting because every inch of your body dissolved into Mahad's, even if you were doing it only for the second time. Your fingers gently gripped his hair, the braid you had previously made loosening until the hazel-colored strands were scattered all over the place again. Mahad was certainly not reluctant with his lips, but rather with his hands.

You being lightly dressed with only the beige nightgown that just barely covered the needed areas, the young man didn't know where to allow his arms and hands to rest. You noticed this certain lack of body contact and tried to imply with your actions that you wanted Mahad to hold you. And so, upon shifting even closer to him to the point where you had gotten on top of his lap with your chest pressing against his own, Mahad no longer hesitated and settled his hands on the sides of your waist.

The kiss could no longer be considered as an innocent one, both because tongues were involved and because of the way the both of you were touching each other and exploring one another's body. At some point your hands had travelled from the young man's shoulder lower to his muscular biceps — it was a shame your eyes weren't open enough to pay attention to how his dark skin complemented them. Had Mahad always been this well-built? When had he bulked up so considerably that you hadn't noticed?

You became more sensitive with every passing moment, you went as far as to shiver when you felt something rather cold compared to Mahad's body warmth come in contact with your bare skin. The source of that momentary chill was none other than the multiple golden bracelets which the male wore around his wrist and all the way up until his elbow.

Even though Mahad was touching you through your light clothes, you still began feeling somewhat improper. It wasn't necessarily in a bad way, rather it was more like the male you lied on top of was awakening desires and lust you never knew you possessed. The same could have been said about you and your effect on Mahad too, though.

Having you on top of himself, straddling his lap and kissing him so deeply, Mahad was no longer satisfied with only your lips. Even though he had mentally told himself that he would be gentle and responsible with you concerning his actions, he separated his lips from your own which for those few moments felt lonely and almost numb when they were left. You weren't kept waiting for more than a second or two when the brunet attacked your neck with the same attention he had been giving your lips up until now.

You caught your breath with a faintly open mouth, resulting in a small gasp as you felt Mahad's lips nibble the skin of your neck. Your hands had instinctively found their way to his brown hair as you tried not to emit any odd or off-putting sounds. You thought that you were the only one who was getting strange and rather indecent thoughts about the way Mahad's large hands held you pressed firmly against him, so obviously you were embarrassed.

But you were soon reassured, if one could even call it that, when you felt a certain physical reaction that was being pressed against you on Mahad's part. Afraid that you would stir him up even more if you were to budge too much on top of him, you attempted to remain in your current position in which your body made an S-curve, causing you to appear taller than the young man for once.

Wanting to pleasure Mahad the way he was doing it to you, you cupped both of the male's cheeks with your hands and distanced him from the area on your neck which despite all the pecking that had been done to it had remained of the same color. Mahad would not do something as rude and careless as to leave proof of your early disloyalty to his childhood friend and your husband.