An Angry Hippogriff

Percy

Once we all managed to get out books open, Hagrid started class.

Hagrid walked off to get the creatures we were learning about today.

"This place has gone to the dogs," Malfoy sneered loudly. "When my father hears about that oaf teaching classes, he'll have a fit!"

"Shut up Malfoy," Harry said

"Careful Potter, there's a dementor behind you-"

Harry didn't turn around, but I'd had enough. I took a step toward Malfoy, and was raising my fist to swing at him when Lavender Brown squealed and pointed across the padlock we were standing at.

I lowered my hand and glared at the blonde git.

"Potter!" He spat at me.

"You won't get so lucky next time malfoy, so you better be careful," I said in a threatening tone.

Hermione grabbed my arm and pulled me to the front of the group before I did anything stupid.

It was just then that I saw what Hagrid was getting. Trotting towards us were a dozen creatures with the bodies and hind legs of a horse, but the front legs, wings and head of an eagle.

The whole class stared in awe at the beats. "Hippogriffs, beautiful aren they?" Hagrid roared happily.

They were definitely beautiful. They were each a different color, stormy grey, bronze, pinkish, brown and black. The gray was practically the same color as Annabeth's eyes.

"So, it you want to come a bit closer," no one seemed to want to go up, but I shrugged and walked forward. Ron, Harry and Hermione quickly following.

Hagrid talked about how proud hippogriffs are, and how they can be easily offended. Honestly kinda sounded like the ares cabin if I'm not gonna lie.

Hagrid explained how to approach a hippogriff and all that jazz then asked who wanted to go first. No one made any move to the creatures, and I was about to volunteer when Harry said "I'll do it."

I heard murmurs behind me and Lavender and Parvati reminded him to remember his tea leaves. Harry ignored them.

Short version, Harry went up, Buckbeak, the hippogriff was like no thanks my guy, but Harry stood his ground and then Buck was like alright i guess you're cool. So then Harry went up pet his face and they were chill. Then Hagrid was all like, "how bout a ride?" Harry was like "um no I'm good my guy," but Hagrid was like "no, I insist". So Harry got on Buck and they went on a pretty sweet flight and everyone seemed pretty impressed. When Harry landed his hair was even messier than usual and he couldn't stop smiling.

Hagrid told us to get into groups and go hang out with the hippogriffs. Ok he might not of said hang out but you get my point.

Ron Hermione and I went over to the brown one and Harry stood back. I went first.

As I got close I realized that I couldn't hear their thoughts like horses, but I could sense their emotions. This one seemed pretty chill and bowed back to me pretty quick. We hung out for a bit then I went over to Harry so Ron and Hermione could have a turn.

"That was pretty cool dude," I told my brother.

He ran his hand through his hair nervously, "Yeah thanks. It was fun for sure."

We didn't t say much as we watched the others. A few feet away Malfoy, Crabb and Goyle were with Buckbeak now. I watched them for a few minutes till I saw Malfoy taunting him.

"Your not dangerous at all, are you, you great ugly brute?"

I knew what was about to happen before it did. The hipoogriff was angry, I could feel the emotion from several yards away. I saw it take a step back and I took off running. I shoved malfoy out of the way just in time. Buckbeak has risen up on his hind legs and swung down with his talons, intending to hit Malfoy.

Luckily I got him out of the way. Not so luckily I got hit. Since I slid to shove Malfoy I was laying down. So the talons ripped into my ribs and side.

For a moment I felt nothing, I could see Buckbeak standing over me, I heard shouts, but I didn't comprehend what had occurred.

Then the pain hit. Pain flared up from my right side across my chest. It made my vision blur and I couldn't breath (wether from the injury, panic or pain I don't know).

I saw people standing over me, but I couldn't make out the faces. Soon enough I was picked up by large arms and carried away. The jolting movements made the pain a thousand times worse. I tried to stay conscious, but before we arrived at the castle, I had fallen into the realm of unconsciousness.

Harry

I saw Buckbeak rise up after Draco mocked him. But when Malfoy hit the ground it wasn't the creature that hit him, it was Percy. Before I could say a word, Buckbeak continued his path and sliced up  Percy's side.

Percy cried out in pain, and didn't move. Buckbeak was still standing over him so even those who had realized what happened didn't move towards him.

Hagrid rushed forward and wrangled Buckbeak back into his collar and pulled him away. As soon as the creature was out of the way Ron Hermione and I rushed forward. I nealed in front of his face and tried to talk to him.

"Percy, oh my gosh. Dude come on stay with me!" He's eyes were clouded and unfocused. Everyone around me was taking and freaking out.

Hagrid rushes over and scooped him up. "Sorry Percy but we got ter get ya to the hospital wing," he started running towards the castle, "class dismissed!" He called out over his shoulder.

For a moment I just sat there, unable to believe what just happened.

Then I saw him. Malfoy.

All the Slytherins were gathered around him like he was the one who got attacked. I got up and marched over to him.

And punched him square in the jaw.

"If you hadn't been such and ignorant git, then Percy wouldn't of saved you! My brother could of killed himself to save your miserable life!" I yelled at him. Everyone was staring and I didn't care.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned to see Hermione. "Come on Harry, we should go."

I nodded and sent one last glare at Malfoy before following my friends back to the castle.

Please don't kill me!