Not so Good Omens.

Percy

This morning Harry woke me up before the sun. I was only half awake when the other boys in our dorm woke up demanding answers.

Now me and Harry hasn't had to come up with a explanation yet. The Weasley's knew who I really was (well most of them. We told Mr and Mrs Weasley, the twins and Ginny. Percival wouldn't even talk to me so...). I was honestly impressed by the story Harry made up. By the end the other boys seemed convinced, and no longer looked at me like I was a span of Satan. (Ok so maybe they hadn't been looking at me like that but you get the point!)

After explaining, Ron and Harry dragged me down to an unused classroom so I could practice magic before class. We had no idea what classes we would have today and we figured it would be best if the first spell I ever cast isn't in a class in front of everyone.

I could tell they were starting out easy, but they were still a little surprised at how quickly I managed the spells. Thy got harder, but I was able to do almost all of them almost perfectly. Hecate has given me all the information I had missed, but I had had no practical experience.

Currently we were headed to divination. Even though I had spoken to the actual orcas of Delphi, I didn't have much faith in this class. I had the sinking suspicion that it would be more Hippie fortune teller than prophet or Oracle.  

By time we had climbed up the tower, it was time for class to start. The whole class was assembled below a trap door with no way up.

"How are we supposed to get in there?" Ron asked.

As though it had heard him the trap door opened and a silvery rope ladder fell down.

The class looked at it apprehensively, "After you" Ron said Harry with a smile.

Harry shrugged and started to climb the rope ladder and I was right behind him.

The classroom looked less like a classroom, and more like one of the hippie tourist shops my mom took me to when we went to Florida one summer. The room stank of perfumes and I got an instant headache. I hate this class already.

The class assembled around me and Harry, all talking in low whispers.

"Where is she?" Ron said.

Out of the shadows stepped Professor Trelawney. "Welcome, how nice to see you in the physical world at last."

The woman was very thin and had large glasses that magnified her eyes till they looked unnatural. She wore several layers of clothing and had numerous beaded necklaces around her spindly neck.

"Sit children, sit." Everyone awkwardly moves to the round tables surrounded by arm chairs. Harry, Ron Hermione and I sat down around the same table.

"Welcome to divination," Trelawney began. Her speech confirmed my theory that this class would be Minotaur crap. She talked about how going downstairs clouded her inner eye so we probably hadn't seen her before. We were also informed that divination is the hardest form of magic, and that unless we have the sight she can't do anything she can teach us.

"After all," the woman said, "books can take you only so far in this world...".

At the same time Harry and Ron both turned to Hermione grinning. After seeing Hermione's startled face, I couldn't stop the laugh from escaping.

Trelawney went on for what seemed like hours. She threatened Nevilles grandma or something and mad a vague remark about Ron. It was so stupid.

After what seemed like ages she asked Lavender, another Gryffindor, to bring her a large teapot.

"I want all of you to divide into pairs, grab teacups, which I will fill. Then sit down and drink all of the tea. Once there are only dregs left swirl them around three times with your left hand, then turn your cup upside down and allow the remaining tea to drain out. Then give your partner your cup and use pages 5 and 6 of unfogging the future to interpret the patterns. I will be around to assist."

When me and Harry had our teacups filled we tried to drink the hot tea quickly. We did everything Trelawney instructed and swapped.

"Would you believe me if I said that was my first cup of tea?" I asked the others.

Hermione looked like I just killed crookshanks, while Ron and Harry laughed.

"I keep forgetting your not British mate!" Ron told me jokingly.

"Right. Ok harry what can you see in mine?"

"A load of soggy brown stuff," said Harry.

As if she had heard him Trelawney said, "Borden your minds, my dears, and allow your eyes to look past the mundane!"

Harry shook his head and tried again, "Right, you've got a wonky sort of cross... that means you're gonna have trials and suffering- sorry about that- but there is a sun. So... that means your going to suffer but be happy about it."

"You need your inner eye checked if you ask me." We all have to stifle our laughter as Trelawney gazed in their direction.

"Ok my turn. Uh that could be a hat?" I say looking at the blobs.

Ron leans over to look at the cup. "But this way it looks like an acorn which means unexpected gold. Excellent you can lend me some!"

"That could be an animal," I say. "Like a hippo or a sheep..."

Trelawney whirled around as Harry let out a snort of laughter.

"Let me see the cup my dear," she said snatching the cup from me.

The whole class was quite and watching.

"The falcon... my dear, you have a deadly enemy."

Hermione laughed slightly and said in a loud whisper, "But everyone knows that." When Trelawney turned to look at her she continued, "Well, they do. Everybody knows about Harry and You-Know-Who."

I sent Hermione a smirk and the two other boys looked at her in amazement.

"The club... an attack. My dear this is not a happy cup..."

"And here I was think that was a hat," I say, my voice full of sarcasm.

"The skull... danger in your path, my dear..." she was silent for a moment. I was honestly a little worried about what could be so bad it made her stop. "My dear... you have the grim."

The whole class was silent, the confusion clear on all of their faces.

"The what?" Said Harry.

"The grim my dear! The grim! The giant spectral dog that haunts churchyards! My dear boy it's an omen- the worst omen- of death!"

There were audible gasps, but no one spoke. It was like they expected him to drop dead here and now. I didn't like it.

"Come on man, why do you whet the exciting cup? I just have to be happy about my suffering!" I mutter so only those at my table can hear.

Trelawney looks at me and grabs my cup from Harry. As soon as she looks at it, she drops the cup.

"You have it! Both of you have the grim!"

I look down at the only mostly in tact piece left, and see a blob that looks like a dog.

"Great" Harry and I say in since.

All I can say is something wicked this way comes.