Chapter 9

"So I heard from Dustin who heard from Austin that you talked to him," Bell said with a wide grin on her face as she walked into the library.

My face heated up automatically at hearing Austin's name.

"It was an accident," I mumbled trying to hide my blush by facing the book shelves.

Bell laughed, "Like you pretending to fall so Dustin could talk to me accident," Bell said with a grin and raised brow.

"Now that really was an accident," I told her facing her with a pointed stare.

Bell laughed before showing me a white plastic back with the Mc Donald's logo on it.

"I brought food" Bell squealed. I smiled happily grateful for the change in subjects.

"Whacha get?" I asking leaning towards her hoping to see inside the plastic bag.

"Some burgers and fries," Bell said looking in the bag, "I also bought milkshakes but they're in my car, I'll be right back" Bell said quickly before leaving the library with the bag of food still in her hand. I pouted at her retreating form, she could of  at least left the bag of food with me.

Sighing I turned back towards the shelf to finish resorting the books.

"Oh Emilie there you are," Mrs. Lopez said as she turned into the aisle I was standing in, "I need you to start taking down the Thanksgiving decorations," Ms. Lopez told me as she handed me an empty box that said Thanksgiving decor on the front.

"There are more empty boxes in the back if you need them. And if you need me I'll just be in the break room," Ms. Lopez said quickly as she fast walked herself to the break room.

The break room was like a meeting room for the workers but since it was only the two of us most of the time we used it to watch TV and eat. Mrs. Lopez was probably rushing to catch her favorite show I guess.

Shrugging I put the empty box on a near by tabled and started opening it to put the decorations in, when Bell finally came back into the library. But she wasn't alone.

Behind her was Austin and Dustin. My eyes widened in panic, I looked at Bell for an explanation as to why they were here when she got close enough. She only shrugged.

"Hey," Dustin greeted with a wave.

I quickly glared at Bell but stopped to wave and him and Austin. I was about to continue glaring at Bell but stopped mid way when I seen her put the bag of food on the table next to the box.

I glanced at her, then the food,  and back again before my eyes stayed on the food. My mouth watered as I rushed to open the bag before she could take it away again.

I quickly took out my burger and fries completely forgetting about Austin and Dustin.

Pushing the bag away I made room to lay the food out on the table. Pulling up a chair I sat down and started eating the burger. As I chewed I gave Bell a thumps up to show her how good the burger was.

Once I was finished with my burger I started working on the fries but was interrupted when someone cleared their throat making me pause and look up.

"So do you need any help with anything?," Bell asked as she took out her own fries from the bag.

Looking around I seen the handing streamers and turkeys on every bookshelf before nodding my head.

"Great! Just tell us what to do," Bell smiled happily placing her fries back on the table.