Chapter Ten: The Get Away

Jack loaded the cannon and Sophie placed the little statue in the cannon. Jack then quickly tied the rope around the cannon finding Sophie's addition. With a hushed laugh, he bent down to her ear.

"Nice touch, love." Jack said gaining a smile from Sophie.

"You're mad!" Beckett shouted at them both as he noticed the statue in the cannon. Jack went to answer him but Sophie beat him to it.

"Thank goodness for that! because if we weren't, this would probably never work." Sophie said in a serious yet sarcastic voice. Jack looked down at her amused by her answer.

"God, I love you." He told her making her smile brightly at him. Jack grabbed Sophie and held her tight.
"You ready?" He asked her.

"No!" She replied

"Hold tight, love." He ordered her.

As the cannon fired which hit the mast and vaults Jack and Sophie up into the air. They both shouted gaining the attention of their crew who all looked up and rushed over to the other side of the ship, thinking they fell into the water.

Landing on their feet on the statues at the back of the Pearl, Jack let go of the rope and wrapped his arms around Sophie who was still In shock. After calming down, they watched amused as their crew looked out to the water trying to find them.

"And that was without a single drop of rum." Jack said as Sophie laughed beside him.

Jack's eyes landed on Will and his eyes narrowed, Sophie followed his gaze and realized what's about to happen.

"Send this pestilent traitorous, cowhearted, yeasty codpiece to the brig." Jack said.

Sophie had the same look on her face but she had to quickly look away trying her hardest not to laugh at Jack's words.

"Cowhearted?" Sophie questioned him with an amused smile on her face.

"Yes, cowhearted." Jack said to her with a serious voice.

Jack climbed down back on deck and truned to help Sophie down. She was still up the top and was too lazy to climb down.

"Jack!" she shouted gaining his attention.

"What's wrong, love?" He asked looking up at her.

"Catch!" She yelled as she jumped down and Jack quickly and effortlessly caught her with fear in his eyes.

"Thanks, That was like the ultimate trust exercise." Sophie said as she wrapped her hands around Jack's neck and kissed his cheek. He gently placed her on her feet still shocked from what happened.

"Don't ever do that again." He spoke as he tried to regain himself.

Sophie laughed and hugged him lovingly Jack wrapped his hands around her waist and pulled her into him and kissed her forehead.

"Sophie! Talk some sense into your fiancé he's over reacting." Will said to her interrupting their loving moment.

"William, I will not. Jack has every right to be mad at you, you literally just betrayed him. Honestly? I'm annoyed too. And he's not over reacting, you are just being over dramatic, there's a big difference. Where's Elizabeth? I need to talk to her." Sophie said now trying to find Elizabeth on board.

"She's not here! She decided to go with Sao Feng and his crew back on his ship." William said annoyed, upset and every other emotion you could think of.

Sophie was surpised to hear this and she wanted to comfort him but, she was still mad at him so she stood still.

"I was rooting for you, mate." Jack said with a mix of amusement, confusion and seriousness.