Chapter One: Singapore

AN/: This is Sophie's outfit now.

Chapter One: Singapore.

***Sophie's P.O.V***

The past few years of my life have changed incredibly. Once upon a time, there was a certain moment in my life that I believed I was only a mere girl in a big world. I believed, I was nothing more than the governors daughter, who was to be wed to a fowl man.

Of course, within those same few years, I had uncovered the truth about who I was, I found my real father, I've been almost kidnapped, held hostaged, sailed to many unknown places, battled a giant squid, fought with cursed dead pirates and amongst it all, I managed to find love with the man who dragged me into most of it.

You can never help who you fall in love with. Once your in love, that's it. It's never really clear as to why it can happen so quickly, but the heart will always guide you.

At least, that's what my sister believes. She's always been like that, a sucker for the classic fairytale, romance love story.

As for me? Well.. let's just say it takes a lot for me to say that I love someone and once I do, it's unconditional.

Since the dreadful day of Jack's noble, painful death, the days have grown darker, as if the world had lost it most precious gem.

Lately, I've found myself just sitting in my quarters wrapped up in one of his shirts that still smelled like him.

Each night, I lie on what would be his side of the bed, holding the pillow close to my heart, hoping that if I squeezed hard enough, my pirate will come back to me.

I got daily visits from the crew, knocking on the door and making sure I was okay. Pintel and Ragetti are always bringing me food and water and the rum, the rum helps... a lot.

Father's come by a few times, letting me know that once I was ready, he was there to talk. As for Elizabeth, well she's the only one I hadn't heard from. She's been acting strange if late, keeping her distance from me, I knew she was hiding something, I've just hadn't given a rip as to what it was.

Today, however. I decided it was finally time for me to see the sun, my father was up at the Helm and that's where I went.

"Father. Can we talk?" I asked him as I made my way to his side.

"Of course, Master Gibbs! Take over." Father called out.

"Aye, Captain." Gibbs replied as they switched positions.

"What? Captain?" I asked looking at my father puzzled.

"Aye this is my ship after all." Fathe replied back to me, With a proud look on his face.

"Fair point, but once we save Jack and retrieve the Pearl, Jack will be Captain.. right?" I asked him unsure of his true intentions.

"Of course, dear." He replied back. "Shall we talk in your quarters?" He asked me.

"Certainly." I said with pain that I tried to hide with happiness. My dad being the smart man he was, he was able to detect it instantly.

He gestured towards my quarters with his hand and allowed me to lead the way. We made our way down the steps and just as I was about to reach for the door handle, a hand was placed on my shoulder which gave me a fright.

"Sophie. Can I speak with you privately for a moment." Elizabeth asked me as she looked at my father before looking back at me.

"I'll give you two ladies your privacy. I'll be waitin inside for ya." Father said as he opened the door and left us alone.