Tuesday, 9:12 pm, Dec. 4, 2018

Zoe opened her eyes, looking up at Avery. She studied the athletic girl's ash brown hair and pretty chartreuse eyes. She smiled," Hey.. did the movie end?"

Avery smiled down at her, eyes sparkling," Yeah. You fell asleep on my shoulder again."

Zoe giggled, sitting up. She looked around.
Sure enough, the movie had ended and it was showing the other options they could watch. The living room was dark, the only light coming from the T.V. screen. The living room had a pizza box with a few slices, many empty soda cans, a few different candy boxes, and a half empty bowl of popcorn. The girls were snuggled together, a heavy blanket keeping them warm. Avery's parents were out on a date, leaving two girls home alone. They had invited Olivia to join them, but she had declined because she was hanging out with her new friends. Not that Avery or Zoe minded.
Avery slipped out from the blanket and stood up," I'm going to check if our phones are charged." Zoe nodded, watching as the taller girl disappeared up the stairs. Zoe sighed, standing up and beginning to clean the living room.

She threw the cans out and put the leftover pizza in the fridge. The extra candy was put in their pantry, and emptied the popcorn bowl. Just as she was straightening the living room up, she heard footsteps coming down the stairs. Zoe smiled, putting a pillow back into place," Are our phones charged?"

There was no response.

Zoe frowned. Odd, Avery wouldn't be quiet like this. She looked up at her friend, confused.
She dropped the pillow she had been holding.
The world froze, stopping in anticipation.
All she heard was her heart beating, the sound so loud she swore those in Russia were covering their ears.

That was definitely not Avery.

Before her stood a lean figure wearing black jeans, black boots, black wool gloves, and a black sweatshirt. The hood was over it's head, hiding it's hair, and on top of the hood was a plastic crown sown into the fabric. A white mask covered it's face, leaving only two eyeholes. But the most unsettling thing about the intruder was the stains. Dark red stained across the mask like someone had splattered paint onto it. The sweatshirt, jeans, and boots were faintly stained with something that Zoe couldn't identify.
Silver flashed in the strangers hand, and with a chilling realization, Zoe's breath hitched.

A knife. That was a knife.

Before she could move, before she could blink, before she could even breathe..

It pounced.

Like a predator springing onto its prey, it slammed her into the ground, pinning her. Without hesitation, it plunged the knife into Zoe's stomach, causing the girl to scream and squirming. Tears sprung from her russet eyes. It slammed her into the ground again, Zoe's back and head burning from the impact. There was another, piercing pain in her stomach, then her shoulder, ripping her arm open from the shoulder down to the elbow.

' I'm going to die.. Either they'll stab me to death or I'll bleed out,' Zoe thought frantically.
She looked up, eyes meeting her attacker's.
Her blood turned to ice. She knew those eyes. She had seen them so many times before, and at one time they would have made her smile. But now they caused a new set of tears to pour down her cheeks.
It slammed her head into the ground again. Zoe's eyes closed instantly, and she stilled her breathing,

The intruder slowly let go of her, taking a few steps away. Zoe felt dizzy, her stomach warm from the blood escaping from the stab wound. Her arm burned, and she felt sick. But she focused on the sound of the intruder leaving through the back, the sliding door closing.
Zoe hesitantly opened her eyes, looking around for the violent attacker. There was no sight of them. She looked at her arm, and she felt sicker. With what little strength she had, she crawled into kitchen, leaving a trail of blood behind her. It was challenge, since one of her arms wasn't working, but she slowly made her way to the home phone. Using her upper body strength to climb onto the chair and dial 911. Her breathing was ragged, and her eyelids were heavy.
Her hand shook as she put the put the phone, listening to it ring. Her eyes focused on the blood as it dripped down from her stomach and to her jeans, staining them a dark color. She began to cry silently, praying they would pick up.

" 911, what's your emergency?"

Zoe's heart fluttered with hope. She choked out," Help... I've been... been stabbed... someone.. broke in.."

" Alright sweetie we are sending help listen to me how badly wounded are you?"