Friday, 4:48 pm, Nov. 30, 2018

I looked at Olivia, putting my bike into the bike rack," It's been a few days..."

Olivia nodded, giving me a small smile. Since Olivia had joined Sophia and I in our quest to solve Isabella's murder, we have made a lot of progress. Olivia was incredible when came to detective work, always pointing out small details. That's how we found the rhinestone in the woods near the spot Isabella was murdered. After eavesdropping on my dad's phone calls, I heard that they were referring to Isabella's killer as " The Masked Queen," due to a note that was left by Isabella's corpse. Sophia's theory couldn't be too far off; Perhaps Isabella was murdered by Mackenzie in a fit of rage and jealous, wanting to be popular.
Olivia isn't fond of the idea that one of her friends murdered the other, but the theory seemed plausible.

We were planning on meeting up with Sophia in the library. She had invited one of Olivia's other friends, Zoe Rollins. Zoe is known for being in almost every club at school. She juggles everything from Yearbook to ASB. It's quite impressive, actually.
Olivia and I headed down the hall, her talking about some Netflix series or something when we heard footsteps from further down the hall, sneakers squeaking on the tile, the sound echoing off the walls. I looked up, eyes widening when I saw Michael Bailey, the quarterback of the school. Michael's forest eyes were wide and frantic, his face pale, like he had just seen what the cafeteria's food was truly made out of. His ash brown hair was messy and he was still wearing his football gear, his jersey muddy and stained with sweat from past practices, and most likely reeked of B.O. Michael must have come from the football field. Olivia raised an eyebrow," Michael? Are you okay?"

He was panting, like he had just ran a mile. Michael gasped out," Mackenzie... M.. Mackenzie.. Field... need help.."

The tall jock raced past us, and I could smell his sweat and his deodorant as a cloud of his scent enveloped me.

My blood went cold at what he said. I looked over at Olivia. Her face had lost all color, her eyes flickering with fear. I raced down the hall, hoping Olivia would follow. I ran past lockers, past classrooms and past bathrooms. I neared the back doors the let out to our football field and track. A girl, probably a freshman, was clinging to a trash can. Her hair was short, giving me an almost clear view of her face. She was wearing a cheer uniform, indicating she was a cheerleader. Her knees shook, and the sound of her vomiting echoed through the hall. My stomach twisted, and I felt my heart hammer against my rib cages. I slammed through the doors, bolting down the steps.

The sun shone on the field, and I could clearly see the football team surrounding something on the grass. I have never ran this fast before in my life. I sprinted, my lungs working harder than they ever had before. My ears rang as the wind blew around my, and my throat was dry. I elbowed past the football players, desperate to have that fear inside me, that suspicion that gnawed in my stomach to be proven wrong. To have her just be hurt.

How sorely mistaken I was.

The world stopped moving as I looked down. Blood. Blood oozed onto the field, creating a crismon puddle around her head, shoulders, and chest. The stab wounds in her chest were crusted and dry with blood, indicating her body had been out here for a little while. Her white shirt was dyed red almost all the way to her stomach. I could barely look at her face.

Her eyes were blown wide, marked with fear that would never go away, and they had darkened over, any little trace of life gone. Her cheeks were stained wet from many tears. Her pale lips were parted, like she had been desperately trying to breath. A small stream of blood trickled from past her lips, down her chin, and onto her neck.
I backed up, closing my eyes and shaking my head. The image repeated in my mind over and over again, permanently etching itself into my memories. I felt dizzy, and my thoughts screamed in my head loudly.

My vision blurred, and a wave of nausea hit me like a gust of wind. I faintly heard Olivia wailing behind me, and I tried to turn, to move, so I could get her out of here. She sounded hysterical. But my legs were jelly, and my spine a stick. Her wails echoed in my ears, rattling my skull.
I could hear Sophia in the distance, yelling something, and i desperately tried to understand her, but it was like a faint hum that passed in the wind, here a moment, then gone.

There was a screech, and almost instantly knew it had come from Zoe.

My eyes were glued on Mackenzie's corpse, the crimson mixing with the green, the green mixing with her skin, till it all became a colorful blur.
I momentarily broke out of my shock at the sound of the wails. The police siren wails. With all strength I had, I ripped my gaze from Mackenzie Collins remains, and looked over at the parking lot. Through the blur, I could make out the shapes of the police cars, their flashing blue and red lights causing another wave of nausea to hit me.

A firm hand gripped my shoulder and pulled me away from her carcass and to the school just as my dad got out of his car and raced out onto the field. ' Could it be.... The Masked Queen again?'