[ seventeen ]

Mulai dari awal

"I'll go into these more later -- how's work going for you, Isabel?" (Y/n) puts the new file aside and starts to eat her own cold dessert. The redhead leans back on her seat, "Good, I guess. Our scientists are currently workin' on a new product, somethin' like a hypnotic gas? My team's tasked to search for other compounds to blend with that so the gas can also deduct a bit of memory from a human subject."

"You mean a hypnotic that could also alter our mind? That's complicated. What do they need it for anyway?"

Isabel inhales, releasing the air through her nostrils. "Ya haven't heard of the interview incident last week? One of our prisoners almost killed one of the guards because of a single question from the visiting police." The female explains before shoving a spoonful of ice cream into her mouth.

(Y/n)'s eyebrows creased, "No, I haven't heard of that... I'm guessing the gas is for interviews gone wrong then."

"Yup, basically it's to make someone sleep and make them forget what happened for the past twenty-four hours. An enhanced hypnotic's what they called it."

Levi's upcoming medical test was what popped up first inside (Y/n)'s head after hearing Isabel's explanation.

Her patient was to undergo a thorough physical checkup within this month, since it was already his second. And if the situation would allow it, he'd be going under the second medical test which would focus more on his mental/psychological state.

Usually, that test would be conducted on a patient during their third month to see if the treatments and psychotherapy they've been undergoing have had an effect on their psychological health. But sometimes, when the head doctor sees it fit, the second test would happen directly after the first.

(Y/n) had gotten a lot of positive results during her visits, but she wasn't entirely sure if Levi would be able to handle the second test this early into his stay in 104.

What if the second test would make him experience that enhanced hypnotic firsthand and something goes wrong?

She shifts uncomfortably on her seat. She had just realized that she'd been thinking of the male again.

"You good, doc?" Isabel took notice of her small movement and eyed (Y/n) in concern. (Y/n), in response, sends her a reassuring smile. "Yeah. I'm alright, Isabel."

"That fishy gas aside," the younger female puts her bowl of ice cream on (Y/n)'s desk, "didn't 'cha ask Levi if he had any close relatives? Family, maybe?"

"No, not yet," (Y/n)'s gaze landed on the black folder, "I have a feeling he doesn't want to talk about them. He hasn't mentioned anything about that matter, either." Tucking pieces of her hair behind her ear, (Y/n) looks to the side.

"I'm not even sure if he had one in the first place."

"Well, I hope that helps ya a little." Isabel motions to the closed folder on the desk. (Y/n) nods her head, "I think it will."

○○|●|<>|●|<>|●|<>|●|<>|●|○○

|| 6:30 p.m. ||

"Levi?"

Levi's head snapped up at his doctor's voice. A light feeling erupted in his chest when (Y/n) walks in with her usual bright smile, a sight that he was slowly getting used to.