Bad memories

Vacation was coming up soon and she knew she would be alone. Neville her only friend was going home to his grandma and she would either be sent back to the orphanage or stay with her adoptive father who hated her so much she wanted to puke only by the thought of it.

She did understand he was mad at her because of her rudeness, but did he really have that much against her? Why had he taken her in, if he disliked her so much?

They had potions the next day and Snape ignored her more than usual. It made her feel unwanted. Lily had grown up with this kind of behavior towards her, but after she had befriended Neville she had learned something. She didn’t want to be treated like this. She didn’t want to run from everything that scared her. She was tired of feeling weak and it was time to change it. She only wish hers and Snape’s relationship could go back to the end of the summer.

After pulling herself together she decided to go and speak with Severus. But it could wait until after dinner. As most adults he was in his best mood with a satisfied stomach.

At dinner Lily was awfully quite. When Lily was nervous she would get really annoying and hyper or she would be silent as if she was in the library. This time her stomach began hurting and her gaze was fixed at the empty plate in front of her.

“Lily what is wrong?” Neville waved a hand in front of her. “Huh, nothing.” She said a little too quickly. He narrowed his eyes at her. She was an open book and wasn’t that good in hiding her emotions. Before he would get it out of her she sprinted away, making a silly excuse she had to use the bathroom. “Why where are you going?” He shouted after her, but she was already long gone. She needed to get to Snape before he left his office. This was her only chance to make things right. At least today, when the other students were here.

Lily ran all the way down to the dungeons and almost stumbled into Filch. Fortunately she managed to get away, before he saw her running in the halls. Then he would probably make up some cruel punishment for her and she would be in even more trouble than needed to.

She took a deep shaky breath before knocking. Sweat was pouring from every poor and she felt really nervous. Lily bit her lip and swallowed the numb who were growing bigger by every second and knocked. Nobody answered. She knocked again and again, but didn’t get any reply. She was about to leave when she decided to stop being so childish scared and entered his dimly lit office.

Lily discovered at once she shouldn’t be there. Snape were gone and his office was filled with an unpleasant silence. Even if Lily knew he would be back any second and she knew she should just wait for him outside, she walked further into his office. She had never been there alone and her eyes wandered around until they stopped at one special object, who drew her attention.

In the corner of her eye she could see a stone basin. There were ancient runes at the edge of it and her curiosity made her legs walk forward. Without thinking twice of her actions she found herself leaning forward and before she knew it she was no longer in the dimly lit office. Instead she found herself falling and ending up in Snape’s memories.  

Snape's memory

Snape was standing with a girl and actually laughing. Lily smiled at them; she liked seeing Snape happy. "Lily, what the hell are you doing with that looser?" Lily turned around and saw a man with glasses. Apparently the girls name was Lily. It looked like she was going to stand up for Snape, but Snape had already ran away.

The image turned and now Snape was walking in the halls with his head down. He looked really shabby and he had toilet paper on one of his shoes. People whispered "I can't understand why Lily Evans wants to be friends with that guy." They giggled and pointed at him. The same boy that had offended Snape the last time was there again. He pushed Snape into a wall and pointed his wand at him. They laughed at him.